Progress???

Sanste

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
After being diagnosed T2 at the beginning of Dec 15, it gave me the kick that my body had been screaming at me to do!!! Lost a pile of weight and discovered a load of self discipline I never realised I had!! After working out my bs averages to be 6.8 and using the HbA1c converter ( I appreciate that this is only an estimate) my result comes in at 5.9.....down from 9.2 on diagnosis!!!! Very pleased with my little self and feeling a lot brighter and healthier for the much needed changes!!!!!

Reactions: 10 people
S

Sable_Jan

After being diagnosed T2 at the beginning of Dec 15, it gave me the kick that my body had been screaming at me to do!!! Lost a pile of weight and discovered a load of self discipline I never realised I had!! After working out my bs averages to be 6.8 and using the HbA1c converter ( I appreciate that this is only an estimate) my result comes in at 5.9.....down from 9.2 on diagnosis!!!! Very pleased with my little self and feeling a lot brighter and healthier for the much needed changes!!!!!
Well done! Need to lose weight again...it snuck back on when I wasn't looking

Reactions: 2 people

Ross.Walker

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
sprouts, evil things
Sweeeeeeet work.

Reactions: 2 people

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Good feeling, isn't it? I awarded you a medal. Well done!!!

JaneKennedy

Hi Sanste Well done . I too had a T2 diagnosis at the end of Nov 2015 with a bs of 26! I was put on metformin and glycide and fasting blood test gave a result of 102mmols and cholesterol 5.3the following day. The g tablet made me feel very sick and after a month it was eliminated.I have last week received the result of my recent blood test 55mmols and cholesterol 3.8. I have lost 2 stone through low carbing. I have bg readings of between 4.7 and 6.9 now so it has paid off. I felt so poorly at the beginning of this journey, and it's not easy but I do feel so in control now by constant testing with my meter.
There is great support here, this forum has helped me so much
What you are doing is working for you well done .

Reactions: 4 people