she did not have time to explain
any ideas please
or will i end up having k damage
on met ramprilll
tial

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Go back to your doctor and make sure she has the time to explain!! protien in the urine usually means some form of kidney damage but you need this explained to you by your doctor.

timo2

Dislikes
Glycemic excursions
hi francis,

when a doctors says: "I have not got time to explain"

they actually mean: "I can't remember, I've got to go and look this up on wikipedia"

good luck,
timo.

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
They should of course say, "I'll check out your results & symptoms & give you a ring & arrange further tests & treatment if necessary."

Leaving you worried as he has is very bad. Make another appt asap.

sugar2

Well, I am no Dr, so do not have the full explanation...but from emory, it can mean one of 2 things.

1 you have a urinary infection
2 Your kidneys are showing a little distress, and are leaking protein into you urine. Like anything else, to know whatthis actually means, you need to know how much protein, and the Dr should (ifthey have time of course!!!) be looking into this. I have had this for a few years now. My actually kidney function is great, but I do leak protein. It is showing that my kidneys are not in teh best of states. I have been prescribed an ACE inhibitor, which apparently helps prevent further damage. Obviously, the best thingto prevent further damage is to make sure that you diabetes control is a good as possible. In your Drs defence, it is not uncommon for protein to be in anybodies urine..so the chances are, guessing for the your Drs responce, that there wasn't that much there, and tehy will check it again next time they see you. Don't panic...think of it as a waring sign, and make sure you do your best to control your diabetes. It is worth asking about ACE inhibitors though. I have heard that some Drs prescribe them to all T1 diabetics, as they help protect the kidneys, eveb before any damage has occured.

Obviously, I am not a Dr...and the above it what I have been told over the years from various sources.

francis

thanks for nice reply
i will see the doc next week
my average sugar levels in the morning are 7.5
choelestral 5.2 doc said
blood pressure little high little low
first thing in the am
im on met ramiprill
thanks once again
take care

KimSuzanne

My kidney funtion isn't the best I was put on ACE inhibitors (Lisinopril 2.5mg) once a day because there is something in them that helps prevent further kidney damage.