Provisional driving licence application

kellyrae

Hi, I'm looking for a little advice about my provisional application that I put in 5 weeks ago now.
I sent the application forms along with the diab1 forms, I received my passport back from them last week.
Today I received a letter asking me to go for an eye test at specsavers....does anyone know if this is normal for type 1s to have to do?
I just didn't expect to have to go for an eye test when I only had one 2 months ago?
When I asked specsavers they said it's different to a normal eye test.

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
I think that DVLA get Specsavers to do a field of vision test - you look for small illuminated LED's whilst staring straight ahead.

This is linked into the diabetic retinopathy issue, but I didn't know that they asked first timers to do it.

Reactions: 2 people

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Hi, I'm looking for a little advice about my provisional application that I put in 5 weeks ago now.
I sent the application forms along with the diab1 forms, I received my passport back from them last week.
Today I received a letter asking me to go for an eye test at specsavers....does anyone know if this is normal for type 1s to have to do?
I just didn't expect to have to go for an eye test when I only had one 2 months ago?
When I asked specsavers they said it's different to a normal eye test.
Have you had retinopathy treatment? If this is the case then that's why they want the field vision test.

Reactions: 2 people