Psychologists report states obesity stigma must stop

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
And in fairness to the author of the report I am going to read this in full, before throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

“Read our @BPSOfficial report, co-written by psychologists & policy advisers working across research, education, policy and practice. Let’s stop blaming people/the government and instead work together in a co-ordinated way to support the issue of obesity” https://tinyurl.com/y2nkdukp

Reactions: zand

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think my initial objection was the implication that anyone who is obese should be treated like a delicate snowflake who must not be made to feel upset by the reality that they are obese.
The term ‘living with obesity’ seems ridiculous and a somewhat inedequate politically correct term so as not to offend.
Yes I agree. I don't mind being called obese or fat. It's the truth. I don't like being called a liar when I say I have stuck to a diet and not lost weight. I don't like being judged for how I look. I don't like being told it's a lifestyle choice when that particular HCP has no idea what my lifestyle is like.