1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Pump Approved :))

Discussion in 'Insulin Pump Forum' started by Danaemac, Apr 14, 2014.

1. Danaemac

Danaemac Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Just been to see my DSN today and have had my pump approved get it 6th May Insulin from the 12th can't believe this is actually going to happen, I know there is a lot of hard work and sleepless nights ahead but feel like there is finally light at the end of a long dark tunnel:)

• Like Like x 6
  2. noblehead

noblehead Type 1 · Guru
    Retired Moderator

That is fantastic news. hope all goes well for you :)

• Like Like x 2
  3. K8tie_x

K8tie_x Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Congratulations, once those first days/weeks are out of the way I'm sure you will absolutely love it :)

• Like Like x 2
  4. Hooked

Hooked · Guest

Fab news, you'll be counting down the days now!

5. Julie1471

Julie1471 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

6. Danaemac

Definitely counting the days I went and got my new bag to keep everything in I used to use a pencil case but they tell me this wont be big enough got to tell the doctor I need to change the test strips again I will be loved :p

• Like Like x 2
  7. Julie1471

ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1397684083.405130.jpg

I've got this hypo stuff incl glycogen,glucose tabs,twice and 8 jelly babies in the front. Behind I have stored, swabs,zoff removal pads, extra bat and cartridge cover. Syringe, insulin, cartridge and battery and this fits into my small Cath Kidston messenger bag.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

• Like Like x 4
  8. Danaemac

Where did you get that? I only managed to find a large wash bag in boots not very interesting very difficult to buy online when you cant judge sizes

9. Julie1471

It's an Elite Medical Isothermal Cool Bag for Diabetes Insulin I bought it on Amazon from Elite Medical bargains for £19.33, but think the price is well worth it , due to space it takes up, in my small messenger bag from CK I can fit this blood glucose wallet holding BG machine and blood ketone machine strips for both and blood glucose pricker plus alternate sight pricker and wallet . In that bag, with this.

• Like Like x 2
    #9 Julie1471, Apr 16, 2014 at 11:29 PM
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2014
  10. Danaemac

11. Julie1471

Glad to help just search Elite Medical Bargains, and you will find it. They only have purple at £18.99, but when you find it, it has a 5* review from me J Norwood :).

• Like Like x 2
  12. K8tie_x

K8tie_x Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I only carry my hypo treatments and a spare cannula around with me during the day if I'm close to home, I also always check that the cartridge has enough to last me and enough in it to fill a Cartridge and get it to body temp before it runs out.

The rest of the supplies I keep in the big box that the pump came in and have a couple of boxes down the side of hat box too with the cannulas in. I have a small bag thing that I got from primark that I keep handy on the kitchen side with a spare pen, the needles, cannulas, tubing, cartridge and batteries handy incase I need to grab them in a rush (think my OCD husband would much rather these be in the cupboard too though lol :) )

• Like Like x 4
  13. Danaemac

Get my pump tomorrow many emotions joy fear anticipation no chance of sleep tonight insulin next Monday the end of life as I've known it for 17yrs I am lucky enough that I have someone else who I met on a recent carb counting course getting their pump tomorrow also so atleast we are both going through the same things at the same time

• Like Like x 3
  14. Hooked

Hooked · Guest

Snap! I bought one of those off ebay, it's brilliant. Blood testing stuff in one side, then everything spare for the pump in the other side. So handy.

15. Hooked

Hooked · Guest

Hope all is going well today.

16. phil55494

phil55494 Type 1 · Active Member

I know all those feelings Danaemac I have been like that this weekend as well - I've just started on a pump this morning.
    I hope it is all going well for you.

• Like Like x 4
  17. ElyDave

ElyDave Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hope it's all you expect and more. Very exciting times indeed.

A few more months for me yet, pump selection day today, I think I'll go for the Cellnovo

• Like Like x 4
  18. Danaemac

Well home connected with the saline in not all that bad and a bag full of stuff including homework for Monday set change Friday watch this space :) got a black animas vibe

• Like Like x 9
  19. Jackie100

Jackie100 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

That's good ! Do you always go on saline first ? So what sort of things do you have to learn for Monday ?

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

20. Spiker

Spiker Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Definitely the coolest!

• Like Like x 2
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook