Pump Approved :))

Danaemac

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People who think they know what you need before you do
Just been to see my DSN today and have had my pump approved get it 6th May Insulin from the 12th can't believe this is actually going to happen, I know there is a lot of hard work and sleepless nights ahead but feel like there is finally light at the end of a long dark tunnel:)

Reactions: 6 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
That is fantastic news. hope all goes well for you :)

Reactions: 2 people

K8tie_x

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Congratulations, once those first days/weeks are out of the way I'm sure you will absolutely love it :)

Danaemac

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Definitely counting the days I went and got my new bag to keep everything in I used to use a pencil case but they tell me this wont be big enough got to tell the doctor I need to change the test strips again I will be loved :p

Julie1471

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Having high blood sugars!!!!!
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1397684083.405130.jpg

I've got this hypo stuff incl glycogen,glucose tabs,twice and 8 jelly babies in the front. Behind I have stored, swabs,zoff removal pads, extra bat and cartridge cover. Syringe, insulin, cartridge and battery and this fits into my small Cath Kidston messenger bag.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 4 people

Danaemac

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Where did you get that? I only managed to find a large wash bag in boots not very interesting very difficult to buy online when you cant judge sizes

Julie1471

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
It's an Elite Medical Isothermal Cool Bag for Diabetes Insulin I bought it on Amazon from Elite Medical bargains for £19.33, but think the price is well worth it , due to space it takes up, in my small messenger bag from CK I can fit this blood glucose wallet holding BG machine and blood ketone machine strips for both and blood glucose pricker plus alternate sight pricker and wallet . In that bag, with this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Julie1471

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Glad to help just search Elite Medical Bargains, and you will find it. They only have purple at £18.99, but when you find it, it has a 5* review from me J Norwood :).

K8tie_x

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I only carry my hypo treatments and a spare cannula around with me during the day if I'm close to home, I also always check that the cartridge has enough to last me and enough in it to fill a Cartridge and get it to body temp before it runs out.

The rest of the supplies I keep in the big box that the pump came in and have a couple of boxes down the side of hat box too with the cannulas in. I have a small bag thing that I got from primark that I keep handy on the kitchen side with a spare pen, the needles, cannulas, tubing, cartridge and batteries handy incase I need to grab them in a rush (think my OCD husband would much rather these be in the cupboard too though lol :) )

Danaemac

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Get my pump tomorrow many emotions joy fear anticipation no chance of sleep tonight insulin next Monday the end of life as I've known it for 17yrs I am lucky enough that I have someone else who I met on a recent carb counting course getting their pump tomorrow also so atleast we are both going through the same things at the same time

Reactions: 3 people
H

Hooked

View attachment 4210

I've got this hypo stuff incl glycogen,glucose tabs,twice and 8 jelly babies in the front. Behind I have stored, swabs,zoff removal pads, extra bat and cartridge cover. Syringe, insulin, cartridge and battery and this fits into my small Cath Kidston messenger bag.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App
Snap! I bought one of those off ebay, it's brilliant. Blood testing stuff in one side, then everything spare for the pump in the other side. So handy.

H

Hooked

Get my pump tomorrow many emotions joy fear anticipation no chance of sleep tonight insulin next Monday the end of life as I've known it for 17yrs I am lucky enough that I have someone else who I met on a recent carb counting course getting their pump tomorrow also so atleast we are both going through the same things at the same time
Hope all is going well today.

phil55494

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I know all those feelings Danaemac I have been like that this weekend as well - I've just started on a pump this morning.
I hope it is all going well for you.

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hope it's all you expect and more. Very exciting times indeed.

A few more months for me yet, pump selection day today, I think I'll go for the Cellnovo

Danaemac

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Well home connected with the saline in not all that bad and a bag full of stuff including homework for Monday set change Friday watch this space :) got a black animas vibe

Reactions: 9 people