Pump consumables

dectjoh

I have recently been put on a pump but had issues with infusion sets. As a result I have a box of 10 Silhouette infusion sets that I don't need. It seems a shame to bin them. Can I sell them?

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Interesting question. I have a few different sets I can't use (inset II 9mm 60cm tubing, inset 30's I think) because of animas error. I need to speak to them to see if they will have the one box back but doubt it

iHs

If the boxes haven't been opened, then I would hope that Animas would exchange or refund the CCG.

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
The answer to your question is no you can not sell them, they are prescription only. If the box is unopened then ask your pump company to exchange them for the sets you use or ask your DSN what she wants you to do with them. I had no issue with animas accepting unopened boxes back.

MushyPeaBrain

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I gave some opened boxes of cannulas and faulty reservoirs to my DSN for people learning the pump. The clinic doesn't get many from the pump companies so at least they could use mine to practice drawing up insulin or see what other cannulas look like etc

ConradJ

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The hassle and ignorance of diabetes.
You could always donate them - either to your local diabetes pump clinic or to one of the medical charities, who may be able to use them in a poorer country.

Reactions: 4 people