Pump Holiday

jagger38

I am thinking of taking a pump break, currently on an Animas 2020, which I've had for 2+ years. Problem is finding somewhere to put the inset's, had several failures recently, which has knocked my confidence, and left me wondering what to do next. I normally put them in my stomach, or sides. Being on the slim side, with a lot of muscle in my legs, I do lot of sport, I think the absorption isn't so good in some area's. I don't really want to use the bottom area, as I am worried about sitting on it, and causing air bubbles, and apart from my arms, which I have done once, I am running out of places to put it. I am due to see the diabetic nurse tomorrow, and wondered if I should come off the pump, go back to mdi temporarily, and let my body heal for a while. I don't want to give up my pump, but need something that is going to work. I did think about asking about a pump that doesn't have tubing, but I don't think they will allow that, not due an upgrade till December 2014. I have done some research, and its not uncommon for this to happen, any thoughts would be appreciated.