pump sites, and battery life

jagger38

Interested to know where other pumpers put their sites? I tend to use my stomach and sides, but would like to use the top of my thighs. When I used to inject there, it was slower to work, does it work okay in that area? I am starting to run out of places to put my insets. Also currently have one bar left on my battery life on my pump, how long will it last? I asked this on" ask a question", but no one has got back to me yet?

Any replies, gratefully received.....

Riri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The conservative party, people who are cruel to animals and aggressive people
Been on a pump for almost 24 months and so far just used my stomach so can't help on this one.
With the battery on my Medtronic pump I think that 1 bar lasts over a week and sometimes a set chance can reduce the battery a bit but afterwards it goes back up to 2 bars for a few days. My pump is set-up with a low battery alarm and once that sounds I change it immediately.

Blondie153

Hi my daughter uses her bottom and the tops of her thighs. The thighs are def slower and seem to have more problems. She is very lean so stomach was just too problematic. We just keep rotating around those far and are managing ok. The dsn said always Change battery on 1 bar so we do. Not getting caught out! Hope this helps. M

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
1 bar 1 week... Depends on how much you use pump though. Initially when I fiest started on pump and reviewing data etc it would be less than 2 weks for batteries!! Now I just change batteries on 1st each month.

I'm too muscly n lean for stomach sets. Mine are purely in my bum.. Both cheeks and rotated as I always did my injections for nigh on 30 years. Absolutely no problems at all. Size 10 bum, little fat. Pure muscle on legs n stomach and just cant use them. Never have probs in bum cheeks... Slthough if I move too close to my hips I will as the needles feel as if they hit bone... Although they probably dont...

jagger38

Blondie153 said:
Hi my daughter uses her bottom and the tops of her thighs. The thighs are def slower and seem to have more problems. She is very lean so stomach was just too problematic. We just keep rotating around those far and are managing ok. The dsn said always Change battery on 1 bar so we do. Not getting caught out! Hope this helps. M

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App
Hi thanks for the reply, I am concerned about using my thighs, as I know when I used to inject it did take longer to work. Also not sure if my tubing is long enough. I keep rotating it on my stomach and sides, and hoping for the best. Regarding the battery life, I only noticed it go down to one bar about four thirty this afternoon. I am due to do a set change tomorrow, so am hoping it will last the night, didn't want to do a set change so late in the day. It has got me a bit worried, do you think I should phone the helpline, and check?

Riri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The conservative party, people who are cruel to animals and aggressive people
If it gives you peace of mind just change the battery. I was told by Medtronic rep that it will last a further 12 hrs even after the 'low battery' alarm has sounded to give people time to change it if they're away without a battery to hand.

jagger38

Riri said:
If it gives you peace of mind just change the battery. I was told by Medtronic rep that it will last a further 12 hrs even after the 'low battery' alarm has sounded to give people time to change it if they're away without a battery to hand.

As I had to do a set change today anyway, I waited till this morning, it was fortunately still on one bar. I put in a new battery, and changed the battery cap too. I had just bought my first lot of batteries, found Amazon to be very reasonable on their prices, if anyone is having to buy theirs now....