Pump start tomorrow

fairylights

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
So after waiting for the day since I got my letter at the beginning of April, it is finally here. Tomorrow I will spend the whole day at the hospital and should be pumping by lunchtime. Not sure whether to be excited or anxious, probably a bit of both!

Reactions: 7 people

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Had mine last Tuesday, was a bit apprehensive about being attached 24/7 but it seems to be going well with 84% of tests in the 4 to 8 range and giving a bolus from a handset is quite a novelty, hope all goes well tomorrow.

Annietw1493

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hope it goes well I have had a pump for 10 years now and cannot imagine life without it. Good luck. If you have any troubles or want to ask questions just ask. Xx

Gaz-M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
baked beans
Congrats and good luck :)

fairylights

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thanks everyone, so far so good. I am exhausted after a full day, morning with medtronic rep and afternoon with DSNs and dietician. But pump working well so far.

Reactions: 8 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Excellent @fairylights:)

Be sure to read up on the book Pumping Insulin, best wishes.

Heathero

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I started with Omnipod yesterday (after 49 yrs on insulin )lots of blood tests 1-2 hourly 24 hrs a day initially for several days. However will allow for Basel correction.So far so good. Hope all goes well fairylights.

fairylights

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I am still doing blood tests every 3 hours overnight and 2 hours during day (1 week in), fingers starting to go black! My DSN is in contact every 2 days and we are gradually making changes to try and get overnights and up until noon sorted first. They like to start you off a little high (where I am) and make changes gradually. I am not the most patient person in the world so finding this quite hard. Slowly getting there, although I had a hypo at 3am this morning. I have been reading Pumping Insulin great book. Hope all goes well for you too Heathero.

Reactions: 2 people

Heathero

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thanks like you I'm inpatient to get BM levels down, night time now good had been prob for years! Day time needs more work having probs re exercise and resulting drop. Unsure how to adjust beforehand. Hope all goes well for you too.