1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Pumpers-British Summer Time

Discussion in 'Insulin Pump Forum' started by Poppy2, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Poppy2

Poppy2 Type 1 · Active Member

Hello Everyone! Have been thinking about the commencement of British Summer Time! Please remember to change your 24 hr clock on your Insulin Pumps and Blood Glucose Monitors (presuming they don't change automatically!!)

• Like Like x 2
  2. masonbason63

masonbason63 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Surely pumps would self adjust like smartphones ?

3. Poppy2

I really don't know! I have only been pumping for 9 weeks. My old blood glucose monitor needed manual changing! So thought it was something to look out for, maybe some long term pumpers can enlighten us?

4. masonbason63

Sorry been pumping 15 yrs and am on a very old style pump that has to be manually changed I was wondering more along the newer pumps, going onto insight early next month

5. tim2000s

tim2000s Type 1 · Expert
    Retired Moderator

Smartphones take a network signal to tell them to adjust. Unless it is in a pump calendar somewhere, I'm not sure they would.

6. CarbsRok

CarbsRok Type 1 · Well-Known Member

No they don't change automatically, you need to adjust as late as possible before bed time. Which is normal time for lowest basal section :)

7. Poppy2

Thank you! Both pump and glucose monitor manually changed

• Like Like x 2
  8. DeejayR

DeejayR Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

:( Mrs DeeJay put our bedside clock forward last night so she would get up in time to go kayaking, and it's a "smart" clock which adjusts itself at midnight, so there I was putting the kettle on at 6.30am on a Sunday morning :mad:
    If I had a pump I know where I'd stick it
    Oops, only joking, dear

• Like Like x 2
  9. masonbason63

Just thought whilst on the subject of times etc, I also take 2x500 metformin 1 at 12 midday and 1 at 10pm "yes I know it's strange times but it's always been this as no-one told me when to take it" it's never really fazed me before I've always taken them same time whether clocks go back or forward just wondered if anyone does the same or should I be altering things?

10. noblehead

noblehead Type 1 · Guru
    Retired Moderator

Not the Omnipod, had to adjust the time manually.

11. dtennant9

dtennant9 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I had to change mine manually as well, don't think I did it until a bit later in the morning.

I did think though, my body needs more basal in the morning would that not just stay the same or does your body just adjust to the times your getting up?

I am on a basal of 1.0 p/hr from 05:30am - 9am, thats now like 06:30-10 since the clocks have changed but I assume you don't have to worry about that?

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook