Pumpers social get together

Hi

If anyone lives near South Bucks, I am starting a pump group called Wycombe Pumpers. Our first social meeting is in The Old White Swan in Beaconsfield on Monday 15th November at 7.30. HP9 2JD. Just off the M40 junction 1. Just turn up or contact me on a special e mail [email protected] tricia

mofofunk

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Finger prickers for BG testing & having to self inject - NEEDLES in general!
Hi,

What is a pumpers group?

Thanks

Ash

Hi

Ash
Sorry for the delay but I have been away and had computer trouble. A pumpers get together is just a social evening in the pub for anyone who lives near to meet up , have a chat and swop tips, etc. Our first meeting seemed to please all 11 who turned up. Some came with partners, some by themselves. 2 girls were just chosing their pump so hopefully we gave them some confidence.

It is easy to set up. Just make up some sort of notice and give it to your local diabetic dept. to display. to your local diabetic group to put in their newsletter and in any nearby doctors surgery. choose a date, tell the publican and just turn up.

Everyone who turned up agreed that their email could go to all the other members of the group (essential) and I shall forward any messages and let them know the next date at the end of February.

Do have a go at setting one up. We all agreed it was very useful, particularly if you have a new pump.

mofofunk

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Finger prickers for BG testing & having to self inject - NEEDLES in general!
Thanks for the reply. I now realise what the situation is here, I am type 2 so this dosent apply to me, sorry. Thanks for the info all the same, sure it will exaplin for others,

Cheers