1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

"Pumping insulin" book

Discussion in 'Insulin Pump Forum' started by nikkid, Sep 11, 2014.

1. nikkid

nikkid Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Starting on my pump in October (counting down the days)! Has anyone read this book? It's by John Walsh and Ruth Roberts. Or have any other reading recommendations to swat up before I start?
    Thanks

2. noblehead

noblehead Type 1 · Guru
    Retired Moderator

Not a pumper and I've never read the book, however I've heard so many good comments about the book on this forum and elsewhere, so i would say go for it.

3. ElyDave

ElyDave Type 1 · Well-Known Member

It's a very good book, I bought it and read it several months ahead of my planned start date. WOuld also recommend Think Like a Pancreas

• Like Like x 3
  4. MushyPeaBrain

MushyPeaBrain Type 1 · Well-Known Member

The book is excellent and very straightforward. I borrowed it from a friend and was so impressed I bought it myself.

• Like Like x 3
  5. CarbsRok

CarbsRok Type 1 · Well-Known Member

It's known as the pumpers bible for a very good reason :) Personally I think it should be compulsory for every pumper to purchase a copy before they start pumping.

• Like Like x 4
  6. nikkid

nikkid Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Book arrived in the post today....had a quick flick through the sections and so far it looks amazing- just the type of info I was looking for! Thanks for all your thoughts :) going to be a long month and a half waiting to finally get connected up!!

• Like Like x 4
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook