"Pumping insulin" book

nikkid

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Starting on my pump in October (counting down the days)! Has anyone read this book? It's by John Walsh and Ruth Roberts. Or have any other reading recommendations to swat up before I start?
Thanks

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Not a pumper and I've never read the book, however I've heard so many good comments about the book on this forum and elsewhere, so i would say go for it.

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It's a very good book, I bought it and read it several months ahead of my planned start date. WOuld also recommend Think Like a Pancreas

Reactions: 3 people

MushyPeaBrain

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
The book is excellent and very straightforward. I borrowed it from a friend and was so impressed I bought it myself.

Reactions: 3 people

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
It's known as the pumpers bible for a very good reason :) Personally I think it should be compulsory for every pumper to purchase a copy before they start pumping.

Reactions: 4 people

nikkid

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Book arrived in the post today....had a quick flick through the sections and so far it looks amazing- just the type of info I was looking for! Thanks for all your thoughts :) going to be a long month and a half waiting to finally get connected up!!

Reactions: 4 people