Pumps and upgrades ?

prickles1998

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi :) im on the minimed paradigm pump 715 since January this yr and I wanted a pump..just not this one..I would have preferred an animas pump (they seem to be more reliable and modern).
So, does anyone know
(1)when I can get an upgrade?
(2) if I can change to an animas pump from a medtronic? And has anyone done the same ?

Thx..Nikki

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

gfmoore

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi,

I have no answer to your problem, but since no one had answered I didn't want you to think no one cares. This may bump up the post so someone notices it :)

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My understanding is you have your pump for 3 or 4 years.

I too was keen on animas originally, but was given Medtronic. I have not complained and will stick with what I've got, any pump is better than no pump!

Blogging at drivendiabetic.wordpress.com

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Hi :) im on the minimed paradigm pump 715 since January this yr and I wanted a pump..just not this one..I would have preferred an animas pump (they seem to be more reliable and modern).
So, does anyone know
(1)when I can get an upgrade?
(2) if I can change to an animas pump from a medtronic? And has anyone done the same ?

Thx..Nikki

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App
Hi Nikki, You are stuck with the same pump for four years as that's the length of the warranty.
I have an animas pump and except for the cgm addition the technology is about 12 years old on it. All the pumps do the same basic thing though just in different ways :)

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi, I have an older model of the paradigm than you but so far it has been extremely reliable and it is well out of warranty (I don't live in the UK so a different system. ) I have only very rarely have any sort of delivery failure and once filling the reservoir became second nature, I don't get bubbles (I seem to always be reading about them on here) . The screen is a bit old fashioned looking but it does everything it needs to.
The nurse from the company paid by the health service to take care of pump matters is beginning to make noises about it being time to get a new one.
(she would do they have changed the system and any future pump is rented by the health service so her company will get more money)

Riri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The conservative party, people who are cruel to animals and aggressive people
I'm with Phoenix on the reliability of the medtrnoic pump and I never get bubbles either. A lot of other pumpers using different pumps struggle a lot with bubbles so I wouldn't swop mine. On the upgrade issue specifically, I've been told 4 years so I've got this until November next year with no option to change to a different make/model.