Pumps

jopar

A pump isn't a plug and go kit, It's only has good as the user.

Carb counting is the bases behind a pump, it all works from this theory, the bolus wizards can help to advise you what dose of insulin you might need at any point, but wizard's are only as good as the information that is programmed into them..

Pumps don't negate the need to manage, if the control issues is based on the lack of willingness to manage (i,e bg testing) or problems due to lack of knowledge how to manage diabetes, i,e don't understand carb counting etc...

However if the individual is proactive with management, but still have problems because of the lack of ability of injections to provide the right amount of fine tuning, or perhaps their exercise regimes, daily routines have large variations so makes the limitations of injections hard going to adapted to changes quickly etc,

Then pumps will do what it says on the tin!

I do have a pump, and for me it does what it says of the tin...

mohana

Hi we have installed a pump for my 10 year old son in May and so far he is doing pretty good as pointed u have to take sugar reading atleast 3 a day to administer insulin but once u get used to it its pretty easy and routine not an issue. Have no doubts. Iam in India Dehradun and son has got a ACCU-CHECK COMBO INSULIN PUMP.