query on units

mortigger1968

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all was talking to someone.today abiut wen i was on insulin and they gave me a setdodose not carbs to units, for eg i was on novorapid 60 units 3x day and levimir 40 units 2xdaypepeople were shocked by this and said its a wonder im not dead. This scared me.im not.on itnow.wwas this the old way.sorry for the way its laid out sometimes my.fone wont leave a space thanks

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Depends on how much you eat and other factors such as insulin resistance and your size. Insulin requirements can be linked to body size, activity, other illnesses.

What works for one doesn't work for another person. If it did, we wouldn't need all these forums and gp's!!

If your bloods are good of those doses, why worry? If you need to lose weight, the you will find that your insulin requirements will probably lessen as you lessen.

Hope this helps...

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

mortigger1968

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks ="donnellysdogs, post: 476038, member: 17713"]Depends on how much you eat and other factors such as insulin resistance and your size. Insulin requirements can be linked to body size, activity, other illnesses.

What works for one doesn't work for another person. If it did, we wouldn't need all these forums and gp's!!

If your bloods are good of those doses, why worry? If you need to lose weight, the you will find that your insulin requirements will probably lessen as you lessen.

Hope this helps...
Thanks im not on it now but i was overweight and not very active but im not on it now as i lost weight.so told to.come off it

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App[/quote]
Thanks