Query

Frances_ann

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Onions , Garlic , Curry
Hi all , I have a male friend with type1 Diabetes. It is poorly controlled often in 20's and often has hypos. He has been complaining of painful aching limbs for some time now - hardly able to walk and very depressed. Has been to his GP several times, plus DN and they seem to think that he needs vitamin D , this seems a bit odd to me , what do you think. Many thanks for your input.

MargaretR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all , I have a male friend with type1 Diabetes. It is poorly controlled often in 20's and often has hypos. He has been complaining of painful aching limbs for some time now - hardly able to walk and very depressed. Has been to his GP several times, plus DN and they seem to think that he needs vitamin D , this seems a bit odd to me , what do you think. Many thanks for your input.
It is entirely possible, and a Vitamin D test would confirm this. It happened to me a few months ago, and the symptoms were muscle aches and pains and generally feeling awful. At the deficiency levels that cause these symptoms large doses are needed, much higher than those available in health food stores.

Margaret

Reactions: 2 people

BeccyB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Yes I have the same symptoms and am having a blood test tomorrow to test my vit D, vit B, Iron and thyroid hormone levels - we'll see which one 'wins'! My friend also had to take vit D supplements last year - seems it's getting more common.