Question 3b have you had an episode of hypoglycaemia?

sawyer37

Hi I am doing my first ever licence renewal and this question is worrying me. I have not had a hypo in a long time (maybe a year) so does this mean ever? Had diabetes for nearly 20 years so had a few (none ever bad where I needed help)

What does everyone else say? If I answer yes will it delay the renewal?

Thanks for any help

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
Can't recall the exact question but I'm pretty sure they mean a hypo that required assistance from a third party, eg, Ambulance Service. Everyone has the occasional low reading and I think that's considered normal so for that question I would put "no".

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

sawyer37

Thank you both for your help, really appreciate it, only had licence for 3 months before it was up for renewal so quite nervous about it.

Riri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The conservative party, people who are cruel to animals and aggressive people
I recently filled in this renewal application and I answered yes to 3b (as nearly all T1s would have had a hypo in the last year) but no to 3c which is the one that refers to a hypo needing assistance.

iHs

Even though you havent had a hypo for ages, if you answer no, questions will be possibly asked to yr GP or consultant regarding yr awareness as it might look as though you dont have any so wouldnt know whether you were hypo or not. Do as Riri has done and then everything should go through ok

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App