Question

joelcam

All,

Could you please honestly answer the following question?

"If you had the choice of etiher being non-diabetic again or being a diabetic millionaire, what would you choose and why?".

Just interested in how people feel because I was asked this question and in an instant I chose to be a non-diabetic again. Also some rationale as to why would be good.....If I was like 85 I may take the cash but at 31 being completely non insulin dependant would be worth more than any sum of money to me.

JC

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I'd take the money. It's the hectic pace of life that causes most of us grief in tryin to control this disease. If money was no object, and time was not an issue, you could probably whip the disease into shape.

I'm a Type 2 on oral meds, though - so it might be a different story for T1 insulin dependant.

kegstore

Dislikes
Unnecessary rudeness, and any PC
27 years ago I'd take the money and run, insulin's not such a problem. Now I'd prefer to be non-diabetic, I'd have my life back - no hypos, feel my feet again, get my driving licence back etc.

pinkjinks58

Dislikes
Hair, Dogs, Spiders, Rain & Ignorant people!
Non-Diabetic - I've had it since I was 5 (now 24) and i hate it, I've been in denial most of my life but have grown up these last few months and need to sort out my blood sugars and start looking after myself.

I honestly honestly honestly would rather be pennyless and not have the stress of my diabetes!!! :cry:

glitterzoe

Non -diabetic most deff, 30 years of it and hate it now as much as I did when I was little (DIAGNOSED TYPE 1 WHEN I WAS 5) :lol:

shedges

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Non diabetic please!... for a moment I pondered the chances of a solution being found to get the pancreas working again during my lifetime, but that would be a gamble. Not worth taking.

Give me a clean bill of health any time.

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
ok here goes,
i would take the money...
i would make sure my family didnt have to worry about money and give some to charity,
now if you said to get rid of all my long standing illnesses or be rich, id deffo go for staying poor :D

Debloubed

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
When people say 'Pacific' instead of 'Specific' :-)
non-diabetic, with out a shadow of a doubt. I could always make a million somehow!! :lol:

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
I agree with Totsy. I would rather be rich.

I have met some wonderful people on here and also because of my Diabetes. If I wasn't a Diabetic I would probably never have met them. So, money to kids and family, few friends etc, favourite charity and then retire somewhere sunny with my nearest and dearest. I don't think I could ask for anything more. :D

howie

non-db for sure. no doubt.

after one BIG hitch last year my life was getting back on track to being AMAZING again, until the DB struck. double hit, flawless victory.

+ i'm only 22 so i still got a fair bit of time to make a million the hard way.

howie

Celtic.Piskie

Dislikes
Whole-wheat past and rice, tastes horrible. Cats, spiders, and people who think nick jonas is a musician.
Diabetic millionaire, no problem.

I'd open a meditation / yoga / relaxation centre outside b'ham childrens hospital.
They have a few in london, primarily for everyone, kids and adults, with serious life threatening problems.
There are gardens, animals, and all sorts of religious people. E.g rabbi's, fathers, vicars, imman's.
People can scream, cry, vent, and meet others who are going through the same things. They do wonders for people's mental health.

Plus, i'd set up a shelter for Mal's and huskies.... so many end up in shelters because they're 'pretty'...
People have no idea what they're getting.
Pure pedigree, champion line dogs, because they're just being what they are.

All that, just for being that i am now? No contest at all.