Question

Sandy D

Recently had a GTT ,half a hour before test did my blood test and got a 4.2 result . Had the test at GP and then got home and felt awful, it was 20 mins after test finished and did another lood test and it was 3.2 . Is this normal after having glucose.

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
3.2 2.hours20 after a GGT suggests that you are probably not diabetic.Are you on any medications?

Sandy D

Yes I'm on Oxbutynin hydrochloride, Lansoprazole, Mintec, Premarin, Citalopram, Frumil and Co-Dydramol for pain.

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
I take it you are not actually a diagnosed diabetic then?why did they decide to do the tests?

Sandy D

I had my bloods done last year and they where 3.2 and I went to the doctors feeling quite ill and he did my bloods 2 weeks ago and they where 8.3 and said I needed to have a GTT and to check what my bloods are when I feel faint and dizzy.

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
When you had your bloods done and they where 8.3 was that after fasting or had you eaten before the blood was taken?

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Do you remember what you ate by any chance? Did the doctor ask you if you had eaten?

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
The bread and banana would have certainly raised your blood sugars but I'm not sure that far.Let's hope your fasting test comes back OK.Was it a fruit yogurt with sugar I wonder?

Sandy D

I have had my results and he said that I'm not diabetic. But I'm still feeling ill. I feel dizzy and faint and get a bad headache if I don't eat every 2 hours and when I have eaten I feel better for a short time then get a headache. I have been taking painkillers for the stomach pains I get after eating.

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Sandy,there is a condition called hypoglycaemia which is non diabetic.I would have to look it up,as your doctor about it.I'll see if I can find the link for it.

Sandy D

I'm seeing my GP this week I'll mention it to him. I can't carry on like this much longer. Today has been a itchy day for me and have got a few weals on my legs. I hope they sort my problems out soon. Thanks alot for your help.

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Well you definitely need tests to find out what is wrong.Have you had your thyroid function checked as well?

Sandy D

Yes I've had that checked recently and it was normal. I've found if I do even a small amount of exercise I start feeling faint and get a headache. If I go to bed feeling ill I have a Lucozade sweet and I wake up next morning sometimes without a headache and feeling sick.

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Well good luck at the doctor's ,write down all the things you want to ask,so that you do not forget anything.

Sandy D

I went to my GP tonite and mention I had been still feeling ill and my condition hadn't improved. I asked him if I could be suffering from hypoglycaemia, he just dismissed the idea and has altered my medication. I asked for my GTT results and they where 4.5 - 6.5 but he said they where normal. I told him that 30 mins after I had the second blood taken I felt really ill and did my test at home and it was 3.2. He didn't seemed worried about the reading.