Questions for teens with diabetes // Wanting to learn more

Type of diabetes
Researcher
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi Everyone, My name is Amy, I'm from the UK
:p
I'm currently studying Food and Nutrition at GCSE (some of the most important exams I may ever do). I am also currently researching for my second and last controlled assessment which is worth 40% of the GCSE as a whole.:writer:
My project is:
Teenagers are encourgae to follow a balanced diet and healthy lifestyle. I have to investigate the importance of a balanced diet and healthy lifestyle, develop a range of interesting dishes that could for a part of that balanced diet.
I have a few questions if anyone is up for helping me out :)

1) What type of foods do you have to be most careful of and why?

2) Do you have to be careful of calorie intake?

3) How careful are you really with sugar intake?

4) Whats the ratio between exercise and activities for you and a teenager without diabetes?

5) How have you changed your diet due to diabetes?

6) What is your favourite dish to eat? Have you had to change or substitute anything in that dish?

7) What foods do you feel like you miss out on most?

8) Any other information you feel like could be any use for and you would like to me to talk about in my assessment?

9) Are there any dishes you love to eat but cannot eat too often that you would like me to adapt for you? (I can post the recipe on here soon after my research)

Disclaimer // I am not a diabetic myself and i understand how serious it can be at times for diabetics. I'm simply here for primary research and for a few ideas on dishes that i could possibly make. I appreciate any answers/information given back to me. Thank you :writer::chicken:

Hebe

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hiya
The foods most careful would be carbohydrates
We can eat anything as long as we take insulin .
With changing your diet ,you don't have to you just have to count how much insulin you would need for your diet .
Few answers there to get you started
Hebe :)

Twilight14

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
1) What type of foods do you have to be most careful of and why?- Nothing particular, but sweets given by a friend just in a plastic bag no labels in a cinema you need to be very careful off or products high in carbohydrates eg,pasta.
2) Do you have to be careful of calorie intake? -Not exactly, need to have the same as everybody else,sometimes due to needing sugar you go over a tiny bit however.
3) How careful are you really with sugar intake? As careful as I can be, I do have insulin for a reason but even non-diabetics ought to be careful
4) Whats the ratio between exercise and activities for you and a teenager without diabetes?-Not too sure what you mean, But you have to have sugar after exercise or risk a hypo.
5) How have you changed your diet due to diabetes?Not a great deal due to insulin being available but me being pescetarian doesn't help much.
6) What is your favourite dish to eat? Have you had to change or substitute anything in that dish? -Tuna Pasta, not exactly but be careful with quantity of pasta.
7) What foods do you feel like you miss out on most?-Nothing to be honest.
8) Any other information you feel like could be any use for and you would like to me to talk about in my assessment? Diabetes currently has no cure though they are getting close and soon glucose may be able to be measured with special contacts that use your tears to test.
9) Are there any dishes you love to eat but cannot eat too often that you would like me to adapt for you? (I can post the recipe on here soon after my research) Probably once again Tuna pasta salad