raising funds for reasearch

hismom

Hi,
this is off topic and I apologise if I should have asked first. My son is making a cd with all the profits going to charity (diabetes research). All of the music will be of musical theatre. I wanted to test the water and see if there would be any interest in it and if you would be how much you think is a fair price for it.

steph

C

catherinecherub

I love Musical Theatre and the fact that it is for diabetes research would make me want to buy it.
Pricewise I haven't got a clue but would ask if you are going to target it to a wider audience than the diabetic community?
Having heard the recent utube of your son singing then I would say that he has a bright future.

hismom

hi,
we are going to try and get it as public as possible to sell as many as possible. Thank you for the comments on his singing he will be thrilled.

steph

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
hismom said:
Hi,
this is off topic and I apologise if I should have asked first. My son is making a cd with all the profits going to charity (diabetes research). All of the music will be of musical theatre. I wanted to test the water and see if there would be any interest in it and if you would be how much you think is a fair price for it.

steph

An admirable idea !

However as Monitor's we have to approve such things if you wish to use the Forum for any fundraising. Can you please contact us via a pm where we can advise you what is, and is not allowed on the Forum.

Basically, sales of articles would not be allowed openly. That would be classed as advertising which is not allowed. Giving donations via the Justgiving website is allowed. We are not sure what exactly you envisage doing here ?

cugila
Forum Monitor

hismom

hi,
I apologise to everyone I must have offended with this post. I will not post on here again about fund raising. I thought a boy of 14 unselflessly raising funds would not cause any offence but obviously it does.I thought we would all want the same end to this, a cure for diabetes, seems i was wrong. I have not offered anything for sale and it isnt even a finished item yet as you can see from my first post.

C

catherinecherub

Hi hismom,
You have not offended anybody so please do not think that you have.

If you re-read Cugila's post all he is asking for is clarification via a pm from you. He started his post by saying that it is an admirable idea.

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Steph.

You have been sent a pm. NOBODY is offended........we have just asked you what you propose and we are willing to assist you providing everything complies with forum rules. That is the policy on this forum.

I fail to see why you are reacting in this way.

cugila
Forum Monitor

hismom

if you read my first posting i have not said here it is this is for sale now will you buy it. I said if it was for sale would you buy it.I am upset because as all children my son has had a tough first year with his diabetes but is now coming to terms with it. This is his way of giving something back and hopefully helping to find a cure. It is not a case of him saying here is my pocket money it is a case of a lot of professional getting together giving up their time to help produce a professional product. that will go on sale and give ALL profits to diabetes research. he could so easily have choosen to do this for teenage cancer that he also helps to raise funds for and by the way has never had any problems posting on a forum about.by the way the professional we are speaking to will also be working free.

hismom

hi catherine,
i am offended because i dont think they even read my first post properly. if they did they would see that I havent at any time offered this for sale. You can plainly see that I have simply asked the question that if it were available would anyone be interested.I have been talking to some major companies about getting this together ,my son will need to take 4 days from his life to record this ,I have put many days upto now on this but the question always comes back to how many will you sell. To be honest how long is a piece of string? The forum could have been a good way to judge this. No other forum has questioned me putting exactly the same post on even the ones that have paid advertising as they havent seen it as an item for sale. I can understand to a point if i had of tried to sell it on here even though everyone will benefit to some degree or other with the research being made. Cugilla jumped on me as if that is what i was going to do.

steph

cugila

Master
Dislikes
Steph.

Please do not continue this on the board. You have been answered via more than one pm and the forum position explained yet you are continuing to pursue the issue here. You are not being prevented from your legitimate aims. As I stated .......and I repeat......AN ADMIRABLE IDEA.

What happens elsewhere however is not a matter for this forum.

We are trying to assist you here, help you in what you wish to do. If you wish to make an issue of this then please feel free to contact the Administrator.

cugila
Forum Monitor

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
hismom said:
Hi,

steph

No one is jumping on you! Cugila only told you what the forum policy is if you were thinking of selling it on the board. We understood perfectly that you were asking members if it is a good idea and what a fair price would be.
I too think it is an admirable idea that a young man should do this.

Sugarless Sue.
Forum Monitor.

hismom

if i was thinking of it I would have asked for permission. my problem is that cugilla post could have been sent as a pm and i could have explained as it was it ruined the post I originally put on.

cugila

Master
Dislikes
hismom said:
if i was thinking of it I would have asked for permission. my problem is that cugilla post could have been sent as a pm and i could have explained as it was it ruined the post I originally put on.

We have had enough of this pointless self made argument both here and in many pm's.

We send members pm's or post on the board......our choice. We are trying to be open about things here, however some members take exception whatever we do !

The member is being given some time ( 24 hours) to cool off and reflect as we have better things to do than bandy words both here and in pm's.

cugila
Forum Monitor

Jen&Khaleb

Dislikes
Not having enough time. Broken sleep.
Steph, as an outsider to this I can say that I thought Cugila's post was quite okay and really gave you a window to discuss how you would go about making sales (just not on the forum). Some of the folk here have some good connections in the world of diabetes and could be of great use to help raise money.

Good luck with getting it all going. What sort of musical theatre would be on the cd? Are you talking Gilbert and Sullivan or something else?

Could you PM me the link to youtube?

Jen