Raising Money for JDRF - The Naked Muse

Blissfool

Hello - in August 2012, my son Django was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes, and severe DKA. It devastated us all. He was 2. He now pumps using a medtronic veo, and has just started on his enlite CGM. He is so brave. Faced with feeling frustrated and helpless in the wake of his diagnosis, and watching him struggle and overcome every day, I decided to do what I could this year to raise awareness about Type One and funds for the work of JDRF. As well as car boots and other public events, I have created a 2012 calendar. Brining together 41 UK poets and photographers, the calendar is a celebration of female creativity and the male muse! To read more about it and our journey, and the wonderful artists who have given so generously for free, please visit our website:
Http://www.wildwomenpress.com
All profits go to JDRF and everyone involved has taken part for free. If you can, buy a calendar. If not, well just come by and say hello anyway, and maybe tell a friend or two, or sell some for us at your event...we are trying to raise £10,000 (the number of times my son and his little friend Neev will have had their bodies punctured by needles since their diagnosis in 2010, when they were 2 and 18 months old).
Thanks for listening and sorry for plugging but I really wanted to reach out to you all with this.
Vikki x