Dislikes
spiders, cheese, crowded places
What are everyones perfered blood glucose monitors and peoples worst

beardie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
favourite is ebsensor. least favourite is the codefree. In the affordable range.

knightsbliss

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
spiders, cheese, crowded places
My least favourite is the freestyle neo,I did like there insulinx but battery retainer kept falling out, not found one I'm over happy with though

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
best is codefree and worse is aku check

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Why is accu chek your worst?

I've never used the codefree, but I can't really say any are terrible.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
I had accuchek for absolute years.. I love mine because the readings it gives are a tad higher than the blood readings from my arteries- which on a daily basis I know, so I allow...
On a hba1c whatever my 90 day reading is on my meter will be at least 0.7 to 1.0 lower on my hba1c.

All machines have too high tolerances of inaccuracy. So if you rest ur meter against a fasting blood actually when the blood is being drawn it tells you how accurate your meter is compared to the blood in yohr artery when the results come back.

I like their finger stabbers, everything. I wil not change from accuchek...

Reactions: 4 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Always found Accu-Chek meters to be very good and currently use the Aviva Expert, before using this meter I used the Contour Next USB meter and that was an excellent meter too, not too sure which ones are the worst.

))Denise((

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've used:
  1. One Touch Ultra 2 - like this one but not getting strips on prescription for it any more, so don't use it
  2. One Touch Ultra Mini - used it a few times but went back to one meter
  3. Accuchek Aviva - this one is good but I hate the finger pricker that came with it
  4. Glucolab - terrible inaccurate machine
  5. Wavesense Jazz - hate the display and the beep it makes when you apply blood but it is accurate. Get strips on prescription for this one.
  6. Freestyle Lite - bought this one as I went away for the weekend and forgot mine - no obvious problems with this one
  7. Freestyle Opitum - was given this one by my surgery but a prescription for one touch strips.
Apart from the terrible Glucolab http://neondiagnostics.co.uk/glucolab.html then I found them to be pretty much the same.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
SD Codefree - based purely and simply on price!

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I also love my Contour Next which I've had almost a year. Keep intending to get the SD Codefree as a spare but so far I've not needed a back-up.

Emmotha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Contour next my fave, but swapped my strips over now for freestyle libre.

Didn't like the aviva insulin calculator one (forgot name) as too big and bulky.

dtennant9

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've used the Freestyle Optium for most of the time since I was diagnosed and was very happy with it.

I have been using the Freestyle Neo for the last couple of weeks and not had any issues with that either.

I'm moving to the Contour Link Next week later in the week as it communicates with my pump.

I was given the iBGStar a couple of years ago and really didn't tlike that one.

Ali H

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I have 2 Accu Chek Aviva Nanos, always seem fine to me and easy to use. Not had reason to venture to something different.

Ali

logindetails

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Neuropathy :-(
I've used most meters but my favourite is the Contour Next USB. It's small to carry around, I team it with a Delica finger pricker and they both + strips + a few Dextro tabs fit into a small coin purse. I trust the readings it gives me - I have never thought "hang on that can't be right ". It reads slightly higher than most other meters especially the Abbott meters - I can't say which is most accurate but if I had bolused using the readings from other meters over the last year I suspect my HbA1c would be higher.

Sancho panza

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have an accu check aviva and find it ok.
But those lovely folks at accu check have just sent me an accu check mobile free of charge and that's a result as my other half who's a T1 has one of those so I can borrow ;) the odd cassette of her.

AlexMBrennan

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Don't really have an opinion on meters - used a couple (Optium Xceed, Bayer Contour, Accu Chek Mobile, Accu Chek Expert, now Libre) and the only thing I found I disliked was test strips that come in tubs.