Rapid. Cannula's on the insight

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Being type 1, my health and what really grates me are false people who make themselves out to be something when their not
I've read the last few days on the site about cannula pains and problems, I've been using the insight Rapids since being on the said pump without too much discomfort but I don't find them as good as the old tender's that I used on my old one.
Accu Chek still haven't got a release date for their new ones to go with this pump. But this morning beats all my moans and groans about anything,
Had good readings all day yesterday as usual, went to bed last night and just felt tired woke at 2ish with a slight thirst and went a wee then again at 3ish with agitated legs got up and bloods were 18.8
Didn't hang about complete set, site, and insulin change and several hot strong tea to kill the by now furry mouth, and a bolus with my pen of 10u into my leg.

Sat there drinking tea till four feeling very sore around site as usual as the rapids I find are very sticky and can be a bit hard to remove so I put a bit of antiseptic Cream on and rubbed it in but it didn't feel right ins closer inspection the needle was still in my stomach but very slightly sticking out just to the slight touch above the skin.
Now I can't see properly anyway so I struggled to remove this but if it had gone unnoticed a couple of days a dread to think.
Now people know me I've been an Accu Chek user for years bug I'm not impressed with this pump since I've been on it but now yet again I'm going to have to complain about something else, I don't know if anyone else has had this problem I did think if was my fault but by my bloods raising through the night I don't think so

iHs

Demand that Accuchek swop the Insight over to the Combo. You'll be able to use the Tenderlink again and the Combo bg meter will work as the remote for the Spirit 3ml cartridge pump with luer connecting tubes.
Some women told me that they had swopped the Insight for the Spirit Combo and were much happier with no problems.
I don't think that Accuchek will mind

Reactions: 2 people

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Being type 1, my health and what really grates me are false people who make themselves out to be something when their not
I'm already on my second Insight pump in six months, spoke to Accu Chek about what has happened and my extreme concern over this, I have to return all my supplies with the same batch number once I receive their free packaging envelope, in case it's the batch and note a one off.
So I'm back on MDI at the moment until new supplies arrive, I've tried also my dsn's but no one got back to me

I did try the combo before but you had to fill cartridges yourself and because I can't see very well it caused real problems, but if it takes a 3ml cartridge great but I doubt I'll get a 3rd pump in 6 months even a swap . They told me today that the tenders for the insight will be out soon but I've heard that a lot recently

Reactions: 2 people

vic hill

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
on this site i think is a report on broken needle s
i have had to go back to a spirit combo
as it is the only way i can keep stable and keep on steel needles yes will agree a pre filled cartridge is ideal in your case well done on you way of dealing with high bloods i also use a pen for high fast bolus boost of insulin even if one has to checks blood more often
again WELL DONE
VIC 58 YEARS ON INSULIN