Rapid D sets-just be aware of this

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Hi

Today, after almost 4 years usage and just recent probs occasionally I have come across a problem that I will be reporting to accuchek and MHRA tomorrow....

I had a bath today, disconnected set, put blue cover over the bit still attached to me.
Had bath, primed tube and reconnected as per usual...

Bloods were 7.9 pre bath. 7.5 after bath, had brunch with bolus. Nothing felt strange...

Did reading again pre drive.. 30 mins later and was 10.5.. Thought that strange.

Just in case made sure I had spate everything with me.
Drove 3/4 hour to a meeting and started to feel really sick and ill. Did blood test and it was 25.9!!!

Anyhow, the problem was the metal innard bit of the connector to the tube, it had comletely bent at 90degrees inside the connector.... How on earth it happened I do not know, but must have been when I reattached it.

I have never known this but I have had a few occurences similar, but not to such an extreme because I've changed things completely over when I have had readings of above 10... The difference being this time was that I had ate and obviously nothing went in me, and the pump is obviously not thinking its blocked...

Just be aware that if you have abnormal highs to check the inside steel needle parts with the connectors-that they haven't bent...mine was totally bent over...

Never happened in 4 years, so don't know if this is a problem or not with them, but I have had some odd readings on a couple of occasions recently.

Can't give batch number though, because I can't remember which box of the two it came out of yesterday. I have been using two boxes recently as I thought there were problems with one lot of tubing.... Trouble is everytime I put a new tube on I forget to mark the box!! It's why I'm a bit stuffed on officially reporting the problems....

Just a warning to keep an eye on.. May just be me. New accuchek pps in Autumn have different sets and tubing so hopefully no problems.

Ps. Down to normal at 5 hours after change over!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Last edited by a moderator: