Raw Milk

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't have milk these days. However I know that raw goats milk is probably the best. We have relations that keep goats and are convinced that their milk is very healthy.
Hope that helps :)

Reactions: 2 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I wish I could find a local source of raw whole milk.
I just want to taste it.
And I wonder whether it would give me the same skin problems (mild psoriasis) that standard shop milk does...
(I'm ok with cream, butter and cheese, so I guess it's the whey proteins)

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Does anyone of the forum members consume it?

I remember Green Top milk - was that raw or just un-homogenised?

I'm quite intrigued by the health benefits. Anyone out there in forum land have any thoughts, observations or even better experience to share?

TIA

Green top was un pasteurised milk.
Gold top was the best, Jersey milk, un homogenised, rich creamy jersey milk.
Even silver top used to be un homogenised, so if you were up first, you got the cream on your weetabix.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Green top was un pasteurised milk.
Gold top was the best, Jersey milk, un homogenised, rich creamy jersey milk.
Even silver top used to be un homogenised, so if you were up first, you got the cream on your weetabix.
I remember that.

Lush.

It used to break my heart to watch my mother put a finger over the foil cap and shake to mix the cream in. :spitoutdummy:

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
We buy it from our local farmer's market. I have four pints in the freezer.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I remember that.
Lush.
It used to break my heart to watch my mother put a finger over the foil cap and shake to mix the cream in. :spitoutdummy:

You're lucky that the blue **** didn't get it first - we regularly had our creamy tops burgled by those greedy little birds!

With apologies to our real Bluetit for the slur...:p

Robbity

Reactions: 5 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Raw milk. Yes wonderful stuff. Unfortunately I haven't had any for about 30 years. I ought to make the effort to find some.

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Raw milk. Yes wonderful stuff. Unfortunately I haven't had any for about 30 years. I ought to make the effort to find some.

I can't actually remember the difference. Sterilised milk was horrible, UHT even worse, but pasteurised never really had the same burnt taste.

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
skimmed milk powder for me. type 1 diabetic

Yep, not powder, but definitely skimmed milk for me as well now. (well not if I have a fridge, otherwise I don't even bother with the skimmed milk!)

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I can't actually remember the difference. Sterilised milk was horrible, UHT even worse, but pasteurised never really had the same burnt taste.
I well remember raw milk.....still warm and frothy lol!!!! Delicious

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I love raw milk and used to buy it from a neighbour. Unfortunately I can't handle the milk sugar or so my meter tells me.

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I well remember raw milk.....still warm and frothy lol!!!! Delicious

You were standing too close to the cow!
I remember raw milk.
I used to get a 16500 litre tanker full of it about 20 times a day, you wouldn't believe what used to settle out in the slurry!

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You were standing too close to the cow!
I remember raw milk.
I used to get a 16500 litre tanker full of it about 20 times a day, you wouldn't believe what used to settle out in the slurry!
You are not going to put me off Douglas! ;) Of course I was close to the cow....how would I have managed to get a jug of milk from it if I wasn't close? lol at least I knew it was fresh. :)

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
You are not going to put me off Douglas! ;) Of course I was close to the cow....how would I have managed to get a jug of milk from it if I wasn't close? lol at least I knew it was fresh. :)

To be fair, I used to get it from a (several) farms, where the cows got attached to a stainless steel machine, the milk got sucked into a refrigerated tank, pumped into a tanker, and transferred to a silo, But this was about 30 to 40 years ago, now most of it comes from a farm in france somewhere, in an even bigger tanker, or even a refrigerated 40 tonner full of plastic containers.