Re: Do you tell people you have diabetes?

Paul J

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
all the things i should have.....well some anyway
I was diagnosed acute type 1 at 50 years old, and I was fit, slim, active , and healthy in all other respects, then found myself in hospital for a week following a doctors appointment for a bad wrist and a couple of blood tests,I was ,as were my family , shocked to find out that i had developed T1. As my job and hobbies involve safety of others, i MUST inform others as a part of sensible health and safety. I cant help them if im laying on the floor, also, i have to consider lone working situations, and working at height situations, and the impact on others if I become ill at any point,
I must say that i have never had Im glad to say,a negative response to my condition, but I have had some inquisitive souls that want to know more, and Im more than happy to share this with them so that they know what to do if they find a pooly diabetic in need of help, or they (hopefully not) suffer diabetic symptoms :thumbup:

justjay

Completely agree with why you do, I'm in a similar situation (for one of a better word) with work and hobbies alike. I just dont sing about it but tell people if it's relevant. Hardly something to be "ashamed" of though.