1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Re: Metformin and Blood pressure medication

Discussion in 'Metformin/Biguanides' started by geronimo, Mar 7, 2012.

1. geronimo

geronimo · Guest

If I am taking Ramipril, Amlodipine, Atenolol and Aspirin should I be prescribed Metformin ?

2. ))Denise((

))Denise(( Type 2 · Well-Known Member

We are not doctors so can only give our opinion. You need to give more information before anyone can give an opinion.

3. hallii

hallii · Well-Known Member

Well, I am not a doctor, but I have been taking the same meds and Metformin for 6 years with no probs. I have not had any side effects or interaction between the drugs. In fact I take two others as well, Bisoprolol and Simvastatin. That's seven pills by my count, plus Vitamin B complex and Chromium.

H

4. sdgray22

sdgray22 · Well-Known Member

ask your doctor but I was told that blood pressure drugs and metformin do not interact by the chemist I get my tablets from. You have to believe someone sometime.

5. catherinecherub

catherinecherub · Guest

Hi geronimo,

It is a bit difficult to understand your query as others have said.

Are you asking if Metformin is a standard treatment for Type2 diabetics?

Do you want to know if now that you have been diagnosed with high blood pressure should you also be prescribed Metformin?
    or

Do you need it for it's heart protecting properties?

If you elaborate then we will try and help you.

Take care.

6. Daibell

Daibell LADA · Master

HI. I'm prescribed Metformin and Ramipril so they are OK together. I'm not aware of any issues with aspirin and Met. Can't comment on the other druga but check with your pharmacist if in any doubt.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook