Reactive hypoglycemic

Lilliepop

Hello. I think I have reactive Hypoglicemia. I have been suffering for a while now but it getting worst. It used to be anything sweet would knock me out but now it can be anything with carbs. Had it bad yesterday had a cup of tea with one sugar and a biscuit and I was out like a light, and last night the same thing happened but was out for a few hours waking up with a heavy head. I can drop of with a cup in my hand it horrible. As far as I know I'm not a diabetic and two doctors don't agree about me being pre diabetic got to have a test next month. I would like to hear from anyone else that has the some problem and how they cope with it.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Pop over and have a read of the reactive hypoglycaemia section of the forum.

We are a friendly bunch, and there is lots of discussion about what works for us, and what doesn't.

:)

Reactions: 2 people

darren_m

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Lilliepop - I,ve been like you describe for a while now .
I,ve now had 2 fasting 2 hour blood sugar tests and they have proven that I do get a big drop in my sugars after eating ranging from 7 down to 2.7 .
makes perfect sense why I feel so drained now .
I have since seen twice now a ( so called diabetic ) nurse who as no idea what RH is when I asked her about it , not a clue...
SO
please get the fasting glucose blood sugars test ( if you haven't already ) and then push to get a proper explanation of them from a doctor who knows there stuff

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hello. I think I have reactive Hypoglicemia. I have been suffering for a while now but it getting worst. It used to be anything sweet would knock me out but now it can be anything with carbs. Had it bad yesterday had a cup of tea with one sugar and a biscuit and I was out like a light, and last night the same thing happened but was out for a few hours waking up with a heavy head. I can drop of with a cup in my hand it horrible. As far as I know I'm not a diabetic and two doctors don't agree about me being pre diabetic got to have a test next month. I would like to hear from anyone else that has the some problem and how they cope with it.

Hi @Lilliepop

It will take a while to get your head about what is going on.
Doctors don't know and haven't got a clue about RH or other blood glucose disorders.
If you have normal bloods, as you say, then why does sugar or any carbs make you feel awful?
It's the yo yo effect of your bloods spiking then going low!

You need to read the threads on our forum, especially the sticky ones.
There is lots of really good information there.
But be aware, we have lots of posters telling us how they are, but the fascinating thing or weird thing is not any of us is alike, in our symptoms, tastes, what we react to, how we cope.
The only treatment we all agree on is very low carb and no sugar!

It works.

Again welcome to our forum.

Any questions, please ask.

Nosher