Readings

foxy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Can someone enlighten me, being rather ignorant of these things but trying! - I have had a reading of 10.3 two mornings running, isn't that a bit high? I am T2 for 2years aprox. and having got up at about 10.30am - being disabled it takes me a long while to get mobile enough to get out of bed - and had a small bowl (2ozs) of branflakes about an hour previous to testing.
Have decided to keep a log on this, plus BP and weight with time and date.
Unfortunately it has had the effect of making me feel quite apprehensive and upset as I can't help wondering if I'm worse than I thought! :?

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
There's about 20gm carbs in a 30gm serving of Bran Flakes. So in 2 oz (56 gm) there would be 37.5 gm carbs.

I suspect that the one hour testing is showing a 'spike' from all those carbs. Have you tested 2 hours after your breakfast ? Also do you test before you get up ?

The energy required for you to actually get up and moving probably makes your liver ' dump' glucose into your system before you even have your breakfast.

foxy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thankyou so much for your quick response (actually made me shed a tear - think I've been on a denial course for some time!) and I'm relieved at knowing it's most probably not what I thought. If that sounds a bit "double-dutch" as they say, at least I know what I mean! :lol:
Will try what you suggest.