Really tasty, good readinggs after one and two hours after eating. Yes thats a whole flake on top!

Maradona

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
a0786978b8cab03a260e7e8a8dd62b90.jpg

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rudeness,people being unkind
What is the sugar in that yogurt and did you get it from Iceland?

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Does anyone know where in the UK I can buy Skyr full fat yoghurt?

As I understand it, Skyr is usually almost fat free, as part of it's manufacturing process. Whilst it is sold in UK under yoghurt, it's more like cheese, as rennet is used it it's processing. In Germany they call it Quark.

zbluebirdz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
hmmm, if you want to avoid sweeteners, I'd stay away from Isey Skyr yoghurt - see ingredients list below:
Ingredients:
Skim Milk, Water, Modified Maize Starch, Flavour, Thickener (Pectin), Vanilla Pods Extracted, Sweeteners (Sucralose, Acesulfame K), Colour (Beta-Carotene), Skyr Cultures

ringi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
The "Modified Maize Starch" is enough to put me off it, I keep to full-fat Greek yoghurt, one of the low-fat Greek yoghurts my local Aldi sells is also low carb if you look at the details on it, the other one is not.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The "Modified Maize Starch" is enough to put me off it, I keep to full-fat Greek yoghurt, one of the low-fat Greek yoghurts my local Aldi sells is also low carb if you look at the details on it, the other one is not.
I agree - based on the majority of those ingredients I wouldn't bother with it at all, and will stick with my full fat Greek ones.

Robbity

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The natural version of Skyr has no added ingredients, carb content 4g per 100g. However, it is not organic. I shall stay with Yeo Valley organic full fat Greek yoghurt at 5.3g per 100g carbs.

zbluebirdz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Lidl has full-fat greek yoghurt - 10g of fat, 5g of protein, 3g of carbs per 100g. Only thing is, it doesn't list the ingredients ... (well, from the tubs I have).

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Does anyone know where in the UK I can buy Skyr full fat yoghurt?
I don't think that is the idea of Skyr as it is naturally very low or fat free. I don't think the Icelandic people would want it if it was full fat .

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Each to their own I ate so much plain greek yogurt for the first few months after diagnosis if I ever eat it again it will be to soon. Now I only have a yogurt once or twice a week and it is either Skyr or a reduced sugar one like Activia

ringi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
it doesn't list the ingredients

I think the ingredients don't have to be listed if it is just milk and cultures.

Each to their own I ate so much plain greek yogurt for the first few months after diagnosis if I ever eat it again it will not be to soon.

I always add nuts, and often bluebarries etc, so the yogurt is not plain by the time I eat it.

I don't think the Icelandic people would want it if it was full fat .

Their transdiational diet is very high fat, they started to get ill when they moved to a "healthly" low fat diet. I think the fat level is more to do with the grazing the cows have access to, and hence how much cream is in the milk.

Reactions: zbluebirdz