Recent hospital checkup

ags1983

Just had my annual day trip to the hospital and was given my HbA1c result and its now down to 6.1%!
Pretty well chuffed with this as i had it done last in April and then it was 9.5%.
Think i might celebrate with a bottle of lucazade and some powdered sugar doughnuts! :p

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
That's a great result !

Attachments

• claps.gif
    claps.gif
    3 KB · Views: 1,127

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Congratulations to you. A great result. Whatever you are doing has to be good......... :D

Attachments

• woohoo.gif
    woohoo.gif
    13.6 KB · Views: 1,121

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
That's a fantastic achievement.................well done! :D

Nigel

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
That's pretty bl00dy impressive! What's your secret?

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
well done - great result! :D - just remember not to eat the middle of the do -nuts apparently there bad for you :?:

ags1983

heh, cheers for all the well dones! I have just basically cut the amount I've been eating, avoiding high carb stuff, but not going the whole hog and carb counting.
oh and also got my weight down to 80 kg now which is down from 90kg. needless to say I'm happy, just have to watch i don't go riot on Christmas treats! :D

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
ags1983 said:
heh, cheers for all the well dones! I have just basically cut the amount I've been eating, avoiding high carb stuff, but not going the whole hog and carb counting.
oh and also got my weight down to 80 kg now which is down from 90kg. needless to say I'm happy, just have to watch i don't go riot on Christmas treats! :D

Again excellent results ags1983, as a fellow type 1 I too found carb counting and matching my insulin to the carbs I eat rather than the other way round which is 'old school' made a huge difference to my control. Good luck over the Christmas period! :)

Nigel

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
well done, thats brilliant :D