Type 1 recently developed impaired awareness of hypoglycaemia?

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Having discovered my local areas yet to be announced libra criteria, and noting blood testing over 8 times a day isn't on the list here (although advised by the RMOC) I'm interested to know what the term 'recently' entails?

Can I claim to be discriminated against if my impaired awareness has been longer than recent? As in it's still the same impaired awareness, whether it started today, 3 months or five years ago surely? What is the definition of 'impaired awareness'? Where is it recorded and in what form?

If I was to claim recent as a third of the time I've had sugar (where actually it'll be about a 6th of the time), then as two thirds of the time I've had awareness would indicate the lack of awareness is in fact a recent thing, and if not, then the discrimination line would come in.

I do hate complaining, but if I do complain I like to be a nuisance.

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I rang the CCG to discuss both them not following the RMOC guidelines, and the discrimination caused by their criteria, but my complaint's still on hold as I don't know if I'm getting one yet, so they say....

The hospital diabetes clinic are having a meeting next Monday about issueing the libre, although they say they've not got any (or readers) in the pharmacy, and are currently unsure how it will play out.