1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type 1 recently developed impaired awareness of hypoglycaemia?

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by kev-w, Jan 29, 2018.

1. kev-w

kev-w Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Having discovered my local areas yet to be announced libra criteria, and noting blood testing over 8 times a day isn't on the list here (although advised by the RMOC) I'm interested to know what the term 'recently' entails?

Can I claim to be discriminated against if my impaired awareness has been longer than recent? As in it's still the same impaired awareness, whether it started today, 3 months or five years ago surely? What is the definition of 'impaired awareness'? Where is it recorded and in what form?

If I was to claim recent as a third of the time I've had sugar (where actually it'll be about a 6th of the time), then as two thirds of the time I've had awareness would indicate the lack of awareness is in fact a recent thing, and if not, then the discrimination line would come in.

I do hate complaining, but if I do complain I like to be a nuisance.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. kev-w

kev-w Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I rang the CCG to discuss both them not following the RMOC guidelines, and the discrimination caused by their criteria, but my complaint's still on hold as I don't know if I'm getting one yet, so they say....

The hospital diabetes clinic are having a meeting next Monday about issueing the libre, although they say they've not got any (or readers) in the pharmacy, and are currently unsure how it will play out.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook