Recently diagnosed T2

witchfire

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi i was recently diagnosed type 2 but also on other medication for blood pressure ect .Coping ok i think was a shock at first but this site was recommended and all my questions i needed answering were on here ( Hooray ) .
I am managing with taking measurements ect and food i have totally changed ( Well Wife Did lol ) and surprisingly the food is now all made natural and tastes fantastic my levels have dropped to a acceptable level with the odd spike .
my work very good have taken me off call as a 20 min response i just cannot do as middle of night if i wake i feel like **** and level is low .otherwise i feel i function well .do others get very tired or feel washed out by 10 o'clock i feel major tired .
i can only praise this forum and no doubt be back asking questions or hopefully helping others .

Reactions: 7 people

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hi @witchfire It's great to hear that this forum has helped you. Keep us posted about your progress.

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
@witchfire - Tireness is a sign of high blood sugar levels. You need to drink plenty of sugar free fluids through out the day. Yes, do ask questions - there will always be someone to give you an answer. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Its great to hear you are on the right track, have you been testing your blood sugar at all to see what your levels are up to.

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
Welcome @witchfire

Your right this forum has helped me as well. Do ask those questions as they come up