Related conditions? Painful hands and feet

Jacksmum77

Hi, quite newly diagnosed, in March when I went for my '40& falling apart tests' I have been getting aches and pains in my hands and feet, this started 12months before diagnosis and was told it's osteoarthritis, but it's slowly getting worse, been referred to rheumatologist who seems dubious, ordered more tests, anyone have linked condition? My blood test showed inflammation and signs of gaot, slowly loosing weight but pain not decreasing. Ache all the time, sometimes worse, prolonged any type of activity, no stiffness, can feel more like overused or stretched/dislocated.

gavmoulds

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
Hi, quite newly diagnosed, in March when I went for my '40& falling apart tests' I have been getting aches and pains in my hands and feet, this started 12months before diagnosis and was told it's osteoarthritis, but it's slowly getting worse, been referred to rheumatologist who seems dubious, ordered more tests, anyone have linked condition? My blood test showed inflammation and signs of gaot, slowly loosing weight but pain not decreasing. Ache all the time, sometimes worse, prolonged any type of activity, no stiffness, can feel more like overused or stretched/dislocated.
Ive had this and nobody seems to care if I live or die by it. I used to be extremely fit. Now I cant walk 200 yards without feeling it. Some days I can barely move my right arm. My feet are always cold and painful and it is spreading rapidly. I was diagnosed about 6 weeks ago. Youre diabetic. Off you go. See you in 3 months. If you need anything contact me. I have given up completely trying to contact you and I cannot get an appointment for a month. I could kill someone by then...lol. I have stopped taking Meformin cos I think its making me worse. I feel nobody cares.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Lots of anecdotal evidence that all sorts of inflammatory diseases may be helped by cutting carbs (especially gluten?).
Check out the ketogenic way of eating and inflammatory diseases.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
I was diagnosed a year ago. Please allow me to tell you of my experiences with regard to pain, none of this planned there was no forethought to anything other than managing my bg levels.
Firstly I cut down on carbs and switched to lower carb bread. The lower carb bread has soy in it. I then cut out even the low carb bread and consequently the soy. Later on I cut all vegetable oils from my diet.
The result has been a small but continuing fall in pain levels especially the inflammatory type of pain.

This may or may not help you but it will do your Diabetes no harm at all.

N.B. Cutting the soy from my diet saw the end of a low grade gut pain that I had suffered from for years but it was possibly that the absence of bread of any type also excluded gluten. Whatever the reason, I am happier now.

Reactions: Jacksmum77

Jacksmum77

Ive had this and nobody seems to care if I live or die by it. I used to be extremely fit. Now I cant walk 200 yards without feeling it. Some days I can barely move my right arm. My feet are always cold and painful and it is spreading rapidly. I was diagnosed about 6 weeks ago. Youre diabetic. Off you go. See you in 3 months. If you need anything contact me. I have given up completely trying to contact you and I cannot get an appointment for a month. I could kill someone by then...lol. I have stopped taking Meformin cos I think its making me worse. I feel nobody cares.

Jacksmum77

That sounds awful, I am not that bad, wanting to know if it's connected. The consultant told me to do high impact exercise! Lol