Relationships....

bob-b

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ummm do you guys think that being diabetic all relations you have tend a become a bit more complicated? Family relationships tend to be that way coz sometimes they fail to understand you n i believe at some point all of you also might've been just tired of having to explain yourselves to your parents or siblings or whoever..... And sometimes they put so much care into certain things that you start feeling trapped??? I don't know if any of this makes sense to anyone maybe it's just me..

And in love relationships...well does your partner always treat your irritation n moodiness during highs with compassion n tolerance or do they just forget about it n give you more annoyance? Or do you feel things like maybe your partner will be better off with someone who's not so drug dependent or someone stable who doesn't wake up at night close to death or who doesn't have deadly hypo seizures...? Are relationships coz of this "differently abledness"( don't like calling it a disease or disability) really this complicated or am I just imagining things in a high bg mindset? Would truly love someone opinions coz at times it feels really lonely when no one gets these few things. Thanks beforehand if you reply..

Reactions: 2 people

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
I sort of know how you feel although not due to the diabetes, i suffer from bad pain,m.e and fibromyalgia(aswell as other less debilitating illnesses),
my hubby never says im an hinderance or anything but i do feel that i am, i know it does get him down when i cant do things, i can feel the atmosphere change, he is my carer and at times i feel that is our relationship summed up, he says he doesnt mind my illnesses but i mind him having to do things i cant do so maybe it is my problem not his

bob-b

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I sort of know how you feel although not due to the diabetes, i suffer from bad pain,m.e and fibromyalgia(aswell as other less debilitating illnesses),
my hubby never says im an hinderance or anything but i do feel that i am, i know it does get him down when i cant do things, i can feel the atmosphere change, he is my carer and at times i feel that is our relationship summed up, he says he doesnt mind my illnesses but i mind him having to do things i cant do so maybe it is my problem not his

I know.. Maybe it is personal problem maybe then don't think that way but the thought does come to the mind n stays stuck there coz we're all living a life here nomatter what we have or don't have n incidentally there are situations that remind us that we're actually different.. That maybe we limit them maybe we don't give them all that they deserve. Why does it have to be this complicated all the while why can't it just be love n thats it! Nothing more to think of.. Sorry if I seem a crybaby.. I'm just a tad bit high n suffering from certain things

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
Dont worry about it,
if you feel better saying how u feel go ahead

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
My hubby has never treated me any differently to a non diabetic.
My Mum does, she treats me far differently to my brothers, but I am grateful for that in many ways. However, I did have to be honest 30 years too late and tell her to stop asking whether I am hi or low when she visits..( told her 99% of time I am normal)...
My friends are all non diabetics, they have never commented about my diabetes or health unless I have brought the subject up. They treat me the same as a non diabetic totally.

Personally, being type 1 is easier, but I have never made any points over, "i can't eat that, I'm diabetic" etc.

I feel I am loved by everyone for being me, not their diabetic friend....

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App