Relief

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’ve had a rather bad run in the last couple of years. 5 surgeries in less than 24 months. Nerve entrapment, gynae, frozen shoulder, gallbladder and suspected (but not) thyroid cancer. Throw in a boob lump (benign), diabetes and psoriasis, add a hip muscular issue for over a year, a dodgy knee for 6 months, more gynae issues, increasing migraine, odd eye symptoms and a few deficiencies of b12, vitamin D and ferretin and I’m pretty sick of my body letting me down.

This month was boob issue mark II. Today I got the all clear after repeat mammograms and ultrasounds for new lumps and irregularities. To say relief was an understatement. I’d just like to go more than 3 months without a failure please.

Joking aside these experiences, multiple misdiagnosis and dismissive docs that I have to educate have left me a bit health anxious. But if I raise this valid concern of anxiety I get written off as paranoid and even less notice will be taken.

Large glass of (very dry/low carb) bubbles helping me celebrate and chill. Raise a virtual glass to good health and good news with me please!

Last edited:
Reactions: Prem51

Gran25

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Congratulations! It sounds like life has been a real whirlwind for you lately, doesn't it always seem that it all hits at once? And nothing like dismissive doctors to infuriate discombobulate and inspire self doubt... don't you wish you could wave a magic wand and make them walk a day in your shoes? Bring on the Prosecco!

Reactions: Prem51

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Large glass of (very dry/low carb) bubbles helping me celebrate and chill. Raise a virtual glass to good health and good news with me please!

Glass raised at 5:05 a.m.! (Granted, it's a mug. Of tea. But it counts!). Hope it'll all be good from here on in!