1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Relief

Discussion in 'Other Health Conditions and Diabetes' started by HSSS, Jun 20, 2019.

1. HSSS

HSSS Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I’ve had a rather bad run in the last couple of years. 5 surgeries in less than 24 months. Nerve entrapment, gynae, frozen shoulder, gallbladder and suspected (but not) thyroid cancer. Throw in a boob lump (benign), diabetes and psoriasis, add a hip muscular issue for over a year, a dodgy knee for 6 months, more gynae issues, increasing migraine, odd eye symptoms and a few deficiencies of b12, vitamin D and ferretin and I’m pretty sick of my body letting me down.

This month was boob issue mark II. Today I got the all clear after repeat mammograms and ultrasounds for new lumps and irregularities. To say relief was an understatement. I’d just like to go more than 3 months without a failure please.

Joking aside these experiences, multiple misdiagnosis and dismissive docs that I have to educate have left me a bit health anxious. But if I raise this valid concern of anxiety I get written off as paranoid and even less notice will be taken.

Large glass of (very dry/low carb) bubbles helping me celebrate and chill. Raise a virtual glass to good health and good news with me please!

• Hug Hug x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    #1 HSSS, Jun 20, 2019 at 12:04 AM
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
  2. Gran25

Gran25 Prediabetes · Well-Known Member

Congratulations! It sounds like life has been a real whirlwind for you lately, doesn't it always seem that it all hits at once? And nothing like dismissive doctors to infuriate discombobulate and inspire self doubt... don't you wish you could wave a magic wand and make them walk a day in your shoes? Bring on the Prosecco!

• Like Like x 1
  3. JoKalsbeek

JoKalsbeek Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Glass raised at 5:05 a.m.! (Granted, it's a mug. Of tea. But it counts!). Hope it'll all be good from here on in!

• Like Like x 3
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook