Renal Diabetes + Type 2 Diabetes

Hello again,
I wonder if there is a link here: when I was 18 back in 1978 I was diagnosed with Renal Diabetes also known as Low Renal Threshold (blood was normal) from then on I was tested every year for Type 2 Diabetes always came back negative until 2003 when I was diagnosed Type 2, I've never really considered that there maybe a link, anyone else have this Renal Diabetes before they were diabetic, I say before cos i know its quite common to have the sugar in urine in diabetics.
:D

Tracey69

Hi
I haven't heard any thing regarding renal diabetes and then being a type2 diabetic at a later stage, i always presumed the diabetes caused the damage if not controlled properly.
I am a type 1 diabetic and i have no lining around my kidney's, i am on candesartan 2mg to protect my kidneys as i kept getting infections. But you have given me something to investigate.
Sorry i'm not much help, but we can only go by own experience and to learn something new.
Hope you are well. How are they treating your renal problems?
Take care
Tracey

Tracey69

Hi
It's been a while but this morning on day break Dennis Walterman daughter was on. She went on a diet and lost weight eventually the gym stop her going as she was starting to lose too much weight. She became pregnant but still lost weight she went down to 7 stone even being pregnant, they then tested her for diabetes as her urine showed Ketone aciddosis diabetes, she is now type 1 and looking healthy. Baby is now 6 months old and healthy. Good job she was pregnant as this may never of been picked up.
Tracey

Osidge

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies.
Hi

It appears that this link might help:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renal_glycosuria

Renal Glycosuria is also known as Renal Diabetes and is nothing to do with a lack of insulin or insulin resistance - the diabetes that we know and love!

Regards

Doug