Renewal

julespaa16

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've received my renewal forms. Is it me or are there a lot of forms to fill in and send? This my 1st 3 year licence renewal

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Yes there is a few, but fingers crossed you'll get a 3 year licence in return :)

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
I've received my renewal forms. Is it me or are there a lot of forms to fill in and send? This my 1st 3 year licence renewal
Yes they have put in the general medical form they send to all new licence holders and any others on restricted licences. My Landlord had the same minus the diabetes related form and he's on a 3 year age related licence.

It always used to be just the diabetes form that was sent out.

spaceman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
well theres a lot more forms , don't know what Dvla are up to my 2nd 3 year licence is due march 2016, first of all there demanded my licence back December 2015 it wasn't due to march 2016 ? sent me all the forms I returned them,then I got a letter to attend a medical at my own Gps Dvla paid my doctor £100 to fill in 6 questions and check my blood pressure and walk on my toes over the room coming back across the room walking on my heels followed by a question on procedure of Hypo while driving. and a eye test. ...........then 2 days later I had to get a blood test and urine test ? then I got a letter to attend an Ecg test which I refused basically because since when do you need a Ecg and urine and blood test for a car driving licence, today I got a letter to attend a Heart scan at a local hospital unbelievable. we havnt got a car ! my doctor said to me why do you want a driving licence if you havnt got a car ? dvla Swansea its a joke the thing is ,ive never had an accident for the last 2 years ive never had a hypo even my partner said does it matter having a licence or not ?

Last edited by a moderator:

spaceman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
well theres a lot more forms , don't know what Dvla are up to my 2nd 3 year licence is due march 2016, first of all there demanded my licence back December 2015 it wasn't due to march 2016 ? sent me all the forms I returned them,then I got a letter to attend a medical at my own Gps Dvla paid my doctor £100 to fill in 6 questions and check my blood pressure and walk on my toes over the room coming back across the room walking on my heels followed by a question on procedure of Hypo while driving. and a eye test. ...........then 2 days later I had to get a blood test and urine test ? then I got a letter to attend an Ecg test which I refused basically because since when do you need a Ecg and urine and blood test for a car driving licence, today I got a letter to attend a Heart scan at a local hospital unbelievable. we havnt got a car ! my doctor said to me why do you want a driving licence if you havnt got a car ? dvla Swansea its a joke the thing is ,ive never had an accident for the last 2 years ive never had a hypo even my partner said does it matter having a licence or not ?
WELL GOT LETTER TODAY DVLA, today I received a letter from dvla Swansea medical dept,stating that theve received the results from my GP on my medical examination, because ive never had a car or driven for the last 3 years ( which seems to be another nail in a diabetics coffin according to the dvla ) there want me to confirm in writing that I will monitor my blood glucose levels at times relevant to driving .! this is because I have not driven or owned a car for at least 3 years ?

Last edited by a moderator: