Reporting back after 8 weeks on 8-week Blood Sugar Diet

captainlynne

Finished the 8 weeks today. Lost 27 pounds. Fasting bloods from 10.9 to 5.3. Lost 10 inches from waist and nearly two dress sizes. BP down. Less joint pain, thinking more clearly, concentration better. Even list persistent cough I'd had for ages (turns out it was related to all the bread I was eating!!!)

Reactions: 4 people

Amandlaz

Finished the 8 weeks today. Lost 27 pounds. Fasting bloods from 10.9 to 5.3. Lost 10 inches from waist and nearly two dress sizes. BP down. Less joint pain, thinking more clearly, concentration better. Even list persistent cough I'd had for ages (turns out it was related to all the bread I was eating!!!)
Hi, that's really comforting to hear and well done. I'm currently on a sugar free diet and have lost
hi, I'm currently in my seventh week of no sugar and lost 28lbs in weight. My fasting glucose was 42 don't really understand the number thing but need to reduce levels to be able to donate a kidney to my son. I've been testing my blood in the morning with readings around 4-4.6 is this good ? What's 42 ? Confused. I've been told I need to be around 38 so any ideas what that should be in the lower numbers.

AloeSvea

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Hi, that's really comforting to hear and well done. I'm currently on a sugar free diet and have lost

hi, I'm currently in my seventh week of no sugar and lost 28lbs in weight. My fasting glucose was 42 don't really understand the number thing but need to reduce levels to be able to donate a kidney to my son. I've been testing my blood in the morning with readings around 4-4.6 is this good ? What's 42 ? Confused. I've been told I need to be around 38 so any ideas what that should be in the lower numbers.

Hi again @Amandlaz - I hope you don't mind me leaping in here with info again!

The '42' is your HBA1c level - ie the amount of sugar/glucose molecules on your blood cells in the last 2-3 months.

Your fasting blood glucose, however, is your first blood glucose reading of the day.

What your blood lipids result is saying, with the 'fasting' is that you took that blood lipids test first thing in the morning-ish before you ate?

I see from your post why you are so anxious about your HBA1c - it's about your son's health too.

From other posts of yours I have read you are doing absolutely the right thing - cut down hugely the added sugar in your diet? That's a marvellous thing to do and your fasting blood glucose readings are healthy so reflect that. And you are cutting down carbs generally? This is great.

Amandlaz - going from '42' into the healthy range of the 30s is not a huge step! You can do it for sure.

You're cutting down on carbohydrates generally? Do you want to share with us what you eat? So we can help?