1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Reservoirs Minimed 640G North Yorkshire

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by hunnybunchie, Feb 9, 2020.

1. hunnybunchie

hunnybunchie Type 1 · Member

I’m currently on holiday in North Yorkshire - Eggbourgh and I stupidly forgot reservoirs. Does anyone have 2reservoirs for Minimed 640G they could spare I have 2 type 1 daughters so I’d need 2 reservoirs before I’m home. I’ve called Medtronic and there is nothing they can do just now. We arrived Friday night.

2. becca59

becca59 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Perhaps try ringing the diabetes centre at St James Hospital Leeds in the morning. They should point you in the right direction.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. hunnybunchie

Is that the closest kids hospital? Was calling hospital back home tomorrow was just trying to see if I could get sorted before :)

4. becca59

becca59 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

If you want to sort today, then I would ring 101 and ask for advice.

5. hunnybunchie

There’s no need to call 101 I’m just trying to do a post that I’ve seen others do before and people have managed to help them out in the area. We have back up of pens I was just trying to see if could get some reservoirs so they didn’t need to go back to injections especially for the long drive home and since you don’t get pump supplies from chemist they get delivered to your door that’s why I’ve done this post.

6. MeiChanski

MeiChanski Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hello how long are you in North Yorkshire for? Unfortunately I’m not in that area, the best I can do is through the post.
    I don’t know anyone in Yorkshire on a pump to tag. But a possible phone call to the nearest hospital to ask if they have spares or you can join Facebook groups to ask.

7. hunnybunchie

Hello I’m here until Wednesday morning. Would that arrive in time? I can bank transfer you the money for postage.

8. hunnybunchie

I would have asked someone back home to post our own reservoirs but I can’t because the boats are off due to the storm

9. MeiChanski

I can send it first class, it’ll arrive by Tuesday, unless you want next day guaranteed by 13:00 postage?

• Like Like x 1
  10. hunnybunchie

First class would be great thanks. I’ve sent you a private message :)

11. MeiChanski

Okay could please you pm me where I am sending it to? Is 1.8ml reservoirs okay? Unfortunately I don’t have 3ml because I don’t use a lot of insulin.

12. hunnybunchie

I already have pm you with the address. Yes 1.8ml reservoirs is ok. Thank you

13. Dexta

Dexta Type 1 · Member

Would’nt it be possible to refill their current reservoirs using the equivalent insulin pen? Just disconnect from the infusion set and inject the reservoir. I would never normally recommend doing this, but this is urgent and it should work.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. hunnybunchie

I never actually thought of that. I suppose that could possibly work. I have reservoirs been sent to me now though so I’m sorted :)

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook