restless legs

gollymax

Dislikes
frogs, snakes, snails, football, rugby, diabetes and all the problems that go with it
Hi kevin
I also suffer from restles syndrome and have had for many years (20 Yrs) :thumbdown:
Mine started off when I was in bed and trying to get to sleep, but it can start up any time of the day with me now.
I don,t know if you are taking any thing for the RLS but I take Pramipexole 0.088mg (0.125mg) it does help and at least I can getting some comfort when sleeping/sitting down :thumbup:
All the Best
Kev

libbyM

Hi know what you're going through. Have suffered with this problem since I was about 10 and am now 73. As has already been stated it can come on at any time and I have yet to be able to sit through a film, concert, theatre whatever without it starting. Nighttime is a nightmare so I 've found , before diagnosed with type 2 . having a drink of hot milk and spoonful of honey. It really helped to relax me although my husband says my legs still jump throughout the night every night! I've also found if you can massage your legs or better still ask your partners this definitely helps and doing a few exercises before retiring. You really have my sympathy and sometimes I wonder if it's auto suggestion :roll:

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I dont know whether this will work but I used to get this and when I got DB I also started to get the symptoms of neuropathy I started to take a high dose vit B complex and the restless legs and the pain in the feet have gone .
CAROL

kevin9136

:( thanks for the surport folks the feedback was great my wife :wink: who is also so a suffer'er of rls but not diabeties agrees that it may well be a long term thing as she remembers, at an early age ,of having it my own experiances are only resent but i have as long as i can remember had restless feet (if there is such a thing)i am unfortunatly bound as most of you will be by the medication i am taking but not for the diabetes it's mostly the medication for the nafatty liver :sick: