retinal screen

lister

Dislikes
people with no sense of humor rude people (being 50 lol)
had my results for this years retinal screening and all is ok :D
had memory problems that have been going on for a long time now and see a sr at a memory clinic and after some tests he explained to me and my wife that i have an attention deficiancy and hyperactivity disorder basicaly i have been diagnosed with ADHD. :shock:
apparently would have had it since a child,
but i was just assumed as having special needs then i remember i was taken away from mainstream schools and put in an open air (special needs) school.
i was also told by him he doubts my sugar levels are well maintained as this can have an affect on my memory too and he is writing to my gp.
i have booked an appointment with the diabetic nurse as it is about a year since i last see someone.
Rob...

alaska

Hi Rob

Great to hear the retinal screen results were good.

i was also told by him he doubts my sugar levels are well maintained as this can have an affect on my memory too and he is writing to my gp.

What has your control been like lately? Do you know what your latest HbA1c results have been?

Ed

lister

Dislikes
hi ed,
thanks.
no i've no idea yet seeing db nurse thursday so will hopefully be more knowledgeable soon.
last year it was 7.1 total
Rob...

alaska

Hi Lister

7.1% for an HbA1c isn't too bad but most people with type 2 can get it down to even healthier levels.

Cutting back on the carbs is how many of us on the forum have helped to get our levels down.

Another option, of course, is stronger/more medication.

Ed

lister

Dislikes
i agree ed i've lost some wait and ben watchng my carbs for about a year now although was a little naughty at xmas. :D