return to work

ray57

i have returned to work today after 2 weeks off , with uncontrolled sugar levels , i use to get sleepy during the day , now my levels are back on target , but the problem i have now ,is my boss is refusing to let me work any machines in the works as he thinks i may fall asleep while running them , what can i do about this ??

C

catherinecherub

ray57 said:
i have returned to work today after 2 weeks off , with uncontrolled sugar levels , i use to get sleepy during the day , now my levels are back on target , but the problem i have now ,is my boss is refusing to let me work any machines in the works as he thinks i may fall asleep while running them , what can i do about this ??

Hi ray,

I think your boss is being cautious as he does not want any accidents to happen. He seems to have your best interests at heart and you probably need a period to prove to him that things are back to normal.
I would suggest that a Dr's letter might help if he bans you for the foreseeable future.

ray57

hi catherine, my boss got a letter for my doctor an the monday i started back at work saying my levels were much better now , today tuesday sent home from , for one week ,with pay .b/coz all work is with machines and nothing for me to do , and hints of early retirement , , just have to wait and see , how he wants to play it ,

Leak12

Ray,

Could your boss not allow you to work a machine for an hour or two, building back up to full time over a couple of weeks, whilst being supervised?

oceaneer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I have aproblem now after being a diabetic for 12 years and had one incident with Hypoglycemia, I am having difficulties getting Offshore Oil Companies to accept me back on a rig. I had a two year lay off while I worked to get my medical again and managed to get back onto a rig. Unfortunately that job finished, so now my company are finding it difficult to find me a slot, even with a Doctor's letter which I renewed recently. I wondered if there are any legal implications about them stopping me, surely I have a right to work, or am I going down the wrong road..? Can anyone offer any advice or help..?

Fraddycat

Hi all, as diabetics we are covered under the disability discrimination act so we have legal rights not to be discriminated against. I think Ray that's why your boss paid you when he sent you home. It would probably be worth going to Citizens Advice to check the legal situation - or if you have legal cover with home insurance you can give them a call.

The last thing you want is to be out of work and unable to find another job when you are perfectly capable of working.