Reverse Diabetes Diet

misterdj

Has anybody read and used the Reverse Diabetes diet book by Dr Barnard?

In fact has anybody ready any of the major "change your life and diabetes" books that are out there at the moment?

Trying to figure out what works.

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
I read lots of this forum and it changed my life! Im low carbing and life has not been better!

:D

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi,Misterdj :)

I have read a book by Dr Barnard and the diet that I am on (9 months to date) is more or less what he suggest.

I do not believe I should blow or brag how good it is working for me as we are all different,however I am type 2 and my results are very good.

The only good thing about this diet is there is no cost or gimmicks, just vegan,no sugar and no fat/oil. All sugar and oil comes from natural food. It has become quite easy for me as I have family support.

All I can say is, there is loads of help on this forum,so please don't spend money on things until you know what your committed to.

Best of luck

Roy :)

misterdj

Thanks Roy. I've looked at a few diets and seem to be getting on with low carb. Over next few weeks I'm going to motor into low carb high fat properly and hopefully get to a maintenance situation.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

andybrightman

Genuinely, I haven't read this book but, one of my fatty friend has learned something from this book and he shared his own experience too with me. He told me that this is quite impressive book and Dr.Barnard gave some great tips to be healthy. In, fact he is also believe that consider a good diet programme help to keep fit & absolutely fine health.

Sunshine_Kisses

I've read Patrick Holford's Say No to Diabetes... Very interesting/useful though can't say how much so as only recently diagnosed... But from an information perspective I found it v helpful :)

Diagnosed Type 2, 22nd Feb 2013
Hba1c 7.5
Three month trial of managing through diet & exercise.
Low carb, pescatarian
Trying various supplements!