Review today with DNS

Alanp35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cricket, golf
11:20 this is, I hope, going to be interesting in that it is my 1st review, proper review.
Last Thursday I had a review with my consultant rheumatologist so will sit down later today to see how best to manage both situations hopefully coming to a reasonable view. So many of the other autoimmune problems have no treatment options but are still there annoying so, in the background.
Next post will not be a rant just a considered conglomerate view. Phew !!
Enjoy your day folks, I will.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 2 people

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
Well,
It's 11:23. What happened then!:)
Only joking, Hope it is going fine.:nailbiting::nailbiting:

Reactions: 2 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Good luck Alan, hope all goes well mate :)

Alanp35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cricket, golf
Wow!! A1C is now 61 down from 71 in just over three months. Kidney OK but liver is at top end of "normal" but not surprising as I have been on cyto-toxic drug therapy Methotrexate for 14 years now for severe rheumatoid arthritis. DNS is extremely pleased with the work I have put in to get to 61, would be even better if it was on target at 58 but doesn't want to risk me having hypos, could be horrendous with my other medical conditions. I am going to continue as I am and see status at next review in 6 months time. In between now and then I will see surgery DN for feet, BP, protein etc.
Rheumatologist will not change drugs until such time as I suffer any one of the more severe side effects of methotrexate as I did approx 3years ago. Flesh Inside my mouth necrotised so I had to come of Methotrexate immediately. We tried a while back with horrendous results; dreadful side-effects from the newer replacement drug and took 9 months to get back on track or almost back on track.
Everything is a balancing act, has been for years but I live in hope that as new drugs become available they may help me. Methotrexate has but at such a price, I'd like to say it was an investment but at times it really is a cost you know.
No matter, I have outlived predictions by 40 or so years so I'm doing well, very well indeed and happy enough with that outcome.
Here's to the next 6 months and the next review.
We all need to keep plugging away at this albatross of a disease which affects us all in so many different ways and to different extents.
Keep on trucking !!!

Reactions: 4 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Well done on the Hba1c Alan, the best you can do is just 'plug away' so here's hoping your next review brings even better news

Beachbag

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Filling in forms! ;)
Wow!! A1C is now 61 down from 71 in just over three months. Kidney OK but liver is at top end of "normal" but not surprising as I have been on cyto-toxic drug therapy Methotrexate for 14 years now for severe rheumatoid arthritis. DNS is extremely pleased with the work I have put in to get to 61, would be even better if it was on target at 58 but doesn't want to risk me having hypos, could be horrendous with my other medical conditions. I am going to continue as I am and see status at next review in 6 months time. In between now and then I will see surgery DN for feet, BP, protein etc.
Rheumatologist will not change drugs until such time as I suffer any one of the more severe side effects of methotrexate as I did approx 3years ago. Flesh Inside my mouth necrotised so I had to come of Methotrexate immediately. We tried a while back with horrendous results; dreadful side-effects from the newer replacement drug and took 9 months to get back on track or almost back on track.
Everything is a balancing act, has been for years but I live in hope that as new drugs become available they may help me. Methotrexate has but at such a price, I'd like to say it was an investment but at times it really is a cost you know.
No matter, I have outlived predictions by 40 or so years so I'm doing well, very well indeed and happy enough with that outcome.
Here's to the next 6 months and the next review.
We all need to keep plugging away at this albatross of a disease which affects us all in so many different ways and to different extents.
Keep on trucking !!!

:) Well done Alan!
So many problems but you're always so positive. What an inspiration you are! ;)
Regards,
Geri

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!