RH Life.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I've been considering this for a while, a thread where RH ers can just say hi, say something new or about themselves or they found something to eat or do that's worth saying.
Just everyday chatter.
I feel that some posters lose touch after having questions answered.
And some just pop in and don't post.
It would be nice to hear from some that just look to see if anything new has been posted.

So I'll start.

Hi, I'm going to my endo in six weeks, I'm compiling my questions for him.
The first of May this year is my fifteenth anniversary of giving up smoking.
I have a new job. And it's a bit of a dream job for me, and helps with my finances, but I don't get to see the wife as much.
I've stayed in a hotel for the first time and as required was looked after by the chef there.
Still supporting my footie team and another away day this weekend.
I'm still really healthy and living life to the full.

Probably won't be responding till I get the chance. Too busy working and travelling.
Just drop in and tell us your news.

All the best.

Nosher.

Reactions: 4 people

lindisfel

Expert
Hi Nosher,
Good idea, pleased you are going on OK. Have been retired now 17 years and was into transmitter and cancer treatment machine engineering. I get my latest blood results tomorrow for seeing endo with my Conn's syndrome on Monday. Think I will ask them to check my thyroid, when I sit in warm house I still feel cold. I am OK when moving about.
atb Derek

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 people

arniemouse

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi great idea. I have managed bus so far this week but hip (have lots of pain) not happy with the extra walking.
Husband has just embarked on a low carb diet to loose some weight while muggins here is still unable so he is not a popular bunny at the moment.
I have a medical week next week blood test, nurse and finally endocrine consultant on saturday. I am also compiling list of questions of which low carb is the TOP!!
All quiet now as two kids (well 20 and 22) have returned to their universities just me and the old dog!
Hope everyone else muddling along ok

Kaz261

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
What a great idea! It's lovely to hear little updates on how we're all doing.

I've had two lovely weeks with my kids. I'll really miss my oldest when school starts back to on Monday, although the house will look tidier for it!

We've had a long weekend away on our caravan, which was fun despite storm Katie doing her best to spoil things. We bought the caravan in May last year as we thought it would be great fun for the kids and I can be in control of cooking and eating etc. So far so good!

I've also managed days out and didn't give RH any more thought than necessary.

My recent blood test results were positive, so for now I think life is as good as it can be, all things considered. It's just a shame there's no magic wand to make our bodies function properly again.

The only real bad day I've had for a few weeks was yesterday when I woke with a bs of 4.6. Felt fine, ate my usual breakfast but felt strangely hot and anxious an hour later. Tested at 5.0 so breakfast didn't raise me at all. A biscuit and a coffee and cream later I was feeling a little better. My usual fasting level is around 5.5 so I've no idea why I was lower, but I'm learning not to think too much!

All the best to you all.

Kaz

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
:)

Well, I have had an interesting week.
Mon eve the sore throat started, and I thought it was Mr B's wee virus of 10 days ago catching up with me.
But Tue I woke up feeling like I had been run over by a truck and was worse Wed. Temperature, aches and pains, etc.
Thur felt much better and today, slightly wobbly but well over it and back to work.

Didn't test bg much during it - they were raised, as they always are for me during an infection. Drank lots of liquids, including Sambucol effervescent tablets which are wonderful - also additional Vit C, zinc, echinacea and mainly veged on the forum, the tv and in bed.

Oh, and had Nightnurse capsules at night (suitable for Ds, where the liquid version isn't) which made a huge difference. Can't beat a good night's sleep. :)

No appetite, so mainly had drinks and some chicken soup. Love that stuff.

Expect that tomorrow I will fully back up to dog walking. lol.

KayeStevenson

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all. Great idea Nosher. The end of last week I was all over the place with too many hypos for my liking but this week I've been tip top :). Can't think of anything I've done differently except I have been sleeping well and the lighter nights and parks full of daffodils have put a spring in my step. Just finished work and having a lovely glass of chilled white wine.

Cheers:)

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
It's really good to hear how we are doing!

Long weekend, another lovely stay in a really posh hotel.
Once again got spoiled by the chef whilst there.
Weather was awful. Cold, wet, windy, snow everything!!!
Day off today, and had pork loin steaks with fresh tomatoes and a touch of salad.
Fasted till 1pm. Might do it again Tuesday,
Gonna get my feet up and try and catch up on my sleep!

They have decided to have roadworks on nearly every motorway we have travelled and the M6, M62, M1 are a nightmare. There are far too many hold ups and even though I know that the work will eventually help but it's really bad out there.
It can't help the economy with the traffic jams!

I'm going to update one of the other threads on the forum because I've had one of those weird things happen.

Best wishes to all youse RH ers!

Nosher

SunnyExpat

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Pork loin sounds ok, how can the chef mess that up?

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Just about over my man flu, though, you can never tell.
Have starved myself this week cos my appetite went out the window.
Just eating salad and only little bits of met, can't face much else.
Busy working weekend, won't get time off till Tuesday.
Hope my energy levels return to my norm.
Exciting weekend footie wise and got lots going on, will pop on site to keep up, when I have chance.
Hope everyone is good, and hopefully the weather is better than where I am at the moment. Cold, wet and windy here!
Enjoy your weekend.

Kaz261

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
Well, last night I changed the worst dirty nappy in my 6.5 years as a parent, followed by my little one emptying the contents of her stomach all over me! My oldest has been sick this morning and I'm still feeling light headed on and off and my levels are still surprisingly on the lower (but not hypo) side.

Here's hoping my beloved Leicester City bag 3 points against West Ham this afternoon to cheer me up a bit .

Oh and I have a huge leg of lamb for today's roast dinner that no-one in my house particularly feels like eating. So if anyone's hungry.....?!!!

Happy Sunday everyone

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi Kaz, never thought you'd be interested in footie!

I remember my youngest in hospital and his nappies were the worst.

Hope you enjoying your lamb, chicken for me.

Been working, hopefully have a couple of days off this week!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

DanteNXS

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Health issues, uneducated doctors, and reality TV
Hello all,

I do enjoy reading your success stories, but I am nowhere near that and having some extreme anxiety right now. I am not sure what is going on with me, I eat healthy, drink lots water, and try to exercise when I feel well. Last week I was doing much better, and this week is crazy, I am looking for as much healing advice as you can offer, so hit me with your best please.

DanteNXS

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
My best is,
I believe that your healthy is not my healthy.
Glad you've found us at last.
Read the sticky info on the guide for newbies.

There is a lot of information, you may have to rethink your eating habits!

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
If you remember Emma's appointment and the disappointment she felt.
It could be a similar experience and given advice contrary to what we suggest.

It has happened before, with seldom posters.

How are feeling now Kaz?

DanteNXS

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Health issues, uneducated doctors, and reality TV
My best is,
I believe that your healthy is not my healthy.
Glad you've found us at last.
Read the sticky info on the guide for newbies.

There is a lot of information, you may have to rethink your eating habits!

I have read the guide for newbies, and while it is very informative, it doesn't really give me much guidance in the realm of foods to eat. My doctor said to eat a vegan/vegetarian diet, but that's not working. I've tried the Keto diet and that worked better, but I guess I'm looking for some targeted info, which I guess is pretty hard to come by, as everyone is truly different. What about supplements, or something to help with the symptoms? Any advice?????

Kaz261

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
I hope not Nosher. We wait ages for these appointments and build our hopes up so much, it can be somewhat devastating when we don't come away with positive answers.

I'm feeling marginally better thanks. Fasted again this morning and once again my bloods stayed around mid 4's but I don't feel good at those levels. There's no way I could do that on a normal morning!

I felt hungry around 5pm and needed something a little more substantial (my level was 5.0). My husband made me a poached egg on a very small slice of Bergen toast and within an hour I was only 4.5! I wasn't shaky and I didn't eat for another half hour or so just to see if I would hypo and I didn't. Odd reading though.

Hey ho! I get weird readings when I'm not I'll so I shouldn't be at all surprised!

I expected my levels to be higher since I'm fighting a bug but they've been the opposite.

About the footie.....I've been a Leicester City fan for years. Was a member from the age of 12 and. Season ticket holder from 17 ish. I had to give my season ticket up when my oldest was 2. I gave up my job to stay at home with her so money was a bit tight and weekends were the only time we had to spend doing family stuff. I do miss it though, especially this season! My mum still goes with a couple of friends and the atmosphere is amazing every match .

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I have read the guide for newbies, and while it is very informative, it doesn't really give me much guidance in the realm of foods to eat. My doctor said to eat a vegan/vegetarian diet, but that's not working. I've tried the Keto diet and that worked better, but I guess I'm looking for some targeted info, which I guess is pretty hard to come by, as everyone is truly different. What about supplements, or something to help with the symptoms? Any advice?????
I am on a keto diet of very, very low carb. I think anything over a few mgs of carb effects me. I live mainly on meat and salad veg, I can't do dairy except full fat Greek yogurt. I'm ok with small pieces of fruit, I eat nuts. I love eggs, so I can have a full English as in bacon eggs, mushrooms, toms, black pudding. And of course omelette. So I eat little and often every two to three hours, I have to eat very small plate sizes, since losing all the weight, in fact I can't eat a lot of food now all in one go.
I don't do supplements, I can't help there, I don't need them, especially now, that I'm fit and healthy because of the way I eat and all my symptoms going.
My blood glucose levels are always in ketosis. I don't shift them at all out of normal range, this helps in not getting fluctuating blood glucose levels, this alleviates the symptoms. I have great energy and I am fit and healthy. I work full time.
I do intermittent fasting, as my bloods don't move, when fasting.
This helps with weight loss, consistent eating and saves money.
I buy and me or the wife cook everything from natural foods, curry, soup, stews and the like. I only use natural fat in cooking. No vegetable oils and the like.
That's me and my (obsessive) lifestyle.
It works for me!