Rollercoaster?

manxangel

Dislikes
Loud and brash people and arguments
does anyone feel like they are on a rollercoaster?

one day fantastic the next day in the gutter? have had a coupole of gutter days and i'm not good.

The nurse is sending me to a counceller but god knows when that will be.

some days i just think i can't cope with any of this and the next day it's "this will not rule me"

if i was really down all the time i could cope, if i was really happy all the time i could cope. it's this upping and downing all the time. i'm exhausted.

how can i make it stop? :cry:

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
I know exactly how you feel!! :? :? Some days my mood just takes a nose dive and will not come up and the next day it is fine.I find this quite scary actually because it happens sooo fast.I wish someone out there had a chemical explanation for this so I can work towards avoiding it.

sugarqueen

Sometimes i feel like having type one is nothing and i can sail through not taking my blood sugars and ignoring it. Truth is, when i have to think about what i have it makes me feel terrible, but then i get guilt cos i think i could have something so much worse. I cant win.
I dont know what to do

ChocFish

I think just about everyone is on a rollercoaster of sorts if it is not about diabetes it is about money or our houses or our cars or our jobs or whatever.
If it somehow affects us and is with us then we are bound to have sometimes positive and sometimes negative thoughts and sometimes it just doesnt matter because we think of something else together.

Hope that makes sense

Love

Karen x

caitycakes

Hi,

Most of the time I go along coping fine with diabetes and then for no reason I can think of I just go down for a few hours. It generally doesn't really last any longer than a few hours and then I get bored being down and do something to lighten my mood. Retail therapy is a great one for lifting my mood (any excuse to shop!). What really gets me occasionally is the fact that I can't put any food in my mouth without thinking about it. There are times when it quite literally hits me like a sledge hammer and I just can't believe that this is it for the rest of my life. Then I have to turn away from that thought (I call it doing a Scarlett Ohara - tomorrow's another day lol) or I would nosedive into oblivion and probably never climb out of it. It really is amazing how you adapt to having the dreaded D. I suppose there is no choice really. I hate to be beat by anything and try to treat it as a challenge.

Caitycakes x

suzi

Dislikes
people who are rude and ignorant, and people who have no patience in queues.
Oh Caitycakes,
everytime i read a post of someone having a rough time, i just want to mother them all. I know my young son has all this in front of him, i honestly think having diabetes is a major factor in your mood swings. But you are thinking positive by turning your moods round, "after all tommorrow is another day" is far better than "frankly my dear i don't give a ****" attitude. Your not whallowing in your moods which is positive, because once you begin to do that you are at risk of falling into depression, and please don't go down that road.
Thinking of you and wishing i could say something to help,
take care
Suzi x

gillyh

Dislikes
arrogant drivers/people, ill mannered people, cruelty to people and animals, condescention
Life is a rollercoaster. No matter what you do/say life always throws a spanner into your good days and it heads downhill again. :?

VBee

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Baked beans
Well I can see how you all must feel, I haven't even been diagnosed yet and I am experiencing it already.

What really gets me occasionally is the fact that I can't put any food in my mouth without thinking about it.

The possibility of that hit me hard the other day ... but... you also have to breath every few seconds for the rest of your life, and we do it without even thinking about it. I am hoping that my "new regime" will become as easy and normal as that, just like breathing. Thinking about it like that makes it easier somehow. :)

gillyh

Dislikes
arrogant drivers/people, ill mannered people, cruelty to people and animals, condescention
Life really sucks most days lately. Changed sections at work last 2 weeks and have been much happier. Then my mood heads for the deep depths of depression. I've got a builder booked in for some odd jobs next week if it stays dry. Just cleaning and repairing guttering and resealing front door. then more jobs early next year. No sooner have I sorted things out to be done than something goes wrong and needs to be added to the list. I think I'm just starting to see daylight at the end of the tunnel of owning a house when somebody shuts the d*** door!! :cry:
I was in a good mood too as I'm off to buy a new digital compact camera to carry around with me - dslr too heavy - and was so happy. :cry:

broads

Life isn't just the ups and downs with diabetes, it happens to all of us and we just have to cope with whatever ilife throws at us. Yes we are daibetic but everyone has problems of one way or the other that they have to cope with. You just have to get on with it

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
It's a state of mind. I don't walk down a food aisle and see chocolate ,I see carbs.Can I eat carbs ,No!!so it just doesn't bother me.I'm far more excited finding something low carb that I can eat,like Brussels pate for instance.

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
No ,Broads,I just buy it in the supermarket!! some of them are lower in carbs than others.The Somerfields 'simply' range I think it's called is lower than some of the others.

gillyh

Dislikes
Life is full of ups and downs as you have to have the downs to appreciate the ups!! :lol: :twisted: I'm sort of okay at the moment as sorted problems at home out. Builder to be booked in once the nicer weather arrives. Didn't help nearly geting squashed on the bus home to town last night. He opened to let us off and then closed doors again with my hand caught in them and my handbag and shopping bag outside!! Air was blue!!! :(

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
WE have to believe in "Mind over Matter" In the end that's all we have.

Graham1441

Dislikes
Stupid people.
sugarless sue said:
It's a state of mind. I don't walk down a food aisle and see chocolate ,I see carbs.Can I eat carbs ,No!!so it just doesn't bother me.I'm far more excited finding something low carb that I can eat,like Brussels pate for instance.

Hi Sugarless Sue, I have been told I have turned into a junky, no not all the tablets, a lable junky I just cant help turning everything round to read whats in it.
The one thing I have found is that low salt low fat and of course low sugar can and does still taist good, so much so the rest of my family nick my food.
Graham1441 :twisted: :twisted:

terry100

I can totally relate to the rollercoaster feeling. I've been up and down the past few weeks, ver very down in fact and still off work. Being 19 weeks pregnant, hormone's all over the place, hypo's ever day or so, etc dont help both mentally and physically either. I'm starting to think positive, I do believe in mind over matter coz if I think about what is happening to me and the baby I may not be able to carry on. The thought of a healthy baby is seeing me through and that after the pregnancy there is a chance everything will go back to normal or that if I am still diabetic I'll be on tablets and that I'll be more in control rather than taking a step back every few weeks as I progress through the pregnancy.

Chin up and start to think on the positive side. Think about how sunny it is or how much you enjoy seeing your kids first thing in the morning or picture yourself relaxing on a beach somewhere. Relaxation techniques will help you to focus more.