rotten luck

mistee71

Dislikes
FOOTBALL. MY husband is a sports fanatic and watches everything. Most i can put up with just not football.
i was diagnosed with T2 October over a year ago. lost 2 stone and am now a size 12. I'm 5ft 7" so I'm relatively slim and as a result i am off all diabetic meds :clap: Since being diagnosed i had always had aches in my legs and other little bits and pieces that hurt so i went to the doc with my concerns but was told cant me neuropathy coz that usually happens to people who's had it for over 10 years. Many times I've heard the same thing but things got so bad i got referred to a neurologist and guess what.... peripheral neuropathy!

While doing his tests it was found that i have either fibromyalgia or MS. So much to look forward too :cry:

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
That is rotten luck mistee, I can empathise with you as I have had degenerative spondylitis (lower back) for many years that give me sciatic like pains in my right leg.

There are however many drugs that can be prescribed to help relieve the aches pains, the trick is to find the one that works for you. I went through pretty much all of them from Ibuprofen and co-codomol through amitripyline, pregapalin and gabapentin to DF118 codeine until I tried Bu-Trans slow release patches which for me have been a life changer.

So dont despair there are a lot of pain killers that work with neurological type aches and pains.

If and when your pain gets to a point where normal pain killers no longer work ask for a referral to a pain clinic :thumbup:

Although it was my new GP who finally tried me on Bu-Trans patches. But neurological pain is a bit like diabetes in that we are all different and depending on what nerves are involved and whether they are crushed, pinched, damaged or whatever and the precise condition you are diagnosed with.

Anyway good luck with getting a correct diagnosis and getting some relief sorted that works for you.

mistee71

Dislikes
FOOTBALL. MY husband is a sports fanatic and watches everything. Most i can put up with just not football.
Thanks sid. I was at the pain clinic yesterday and they gave me a Tens unit and are writing to the doc with some suggested drugs. I'm already on 200mg of slow release morphine (zomorph) and oramorph but she did mention gabapentin so with a bit of luck that will help. If not judging by what you've written there is others to choose from