Rude Diabetes Nurses

DanniP

Does anyone else find that whilst there are lots of lovely nurses in the Diabetes Centres some of them are downright rude and act like you are a massive incovenience?

I went to a Group Appointment this week where 6 of us and two nurses discussed pumps. It was intended to be a useful discussion to help us decide which one to go for. One of the other patients was already on a pump and had just come along to get his 4 year upgrade and obviously had a lot of experieince of using a pump. However everytime he had anything to say regarding the pump the nurse in question would dismiss his points. I couldn't believe how uninterested she was, she was happier telling us what colours the pumps were available in "a lovely pastel pink, or my favourite, the purple" than the actual spec of the pumps.

Her parting comment was "next time you come to clinic you won't see me as I am leaving to work in the community - I need to escape diabetes for a while" JESUS - don't we all!

Ha, rant over, I was just shocked at her insensitivity and actually cannot wait for her to leave so that the ncier nurses can take her place :)

Anyone else have experience of insensitive nurses who don't really listen to you?

MCMLXXIII

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes I know what you mean.
So i got rid of her and now use my new one who also happens to be my sister in law.
Which is nice:)

Sent from my KFTT using DCUK Forum mobile app

bethan90

Yes I know exactly what you mean. That's very unfortunate about the nurse you're talking about but at least she recognised her heart wasn't in it any more- there are too many nurses who become bitter and don't care enough. I haven't had much contact with DSNs since leaving paediatric team and joining adult team, but last time I saw my local diabetic nurse, I was nervous as I'd lost over a stone in weight and wanted the scale to have a decent reading... When I stepped on she said "oh dear!!" and laughed. I'm seeing her next week for the first time since that incident and now I'm just dreading it. I dislike her so much for her comment. Especially as I'm not even hugely overweight. I think my BMI was about 26 last time. Grrr